PDA

View Full Version : where can i find some reef safe checkvalves

claymax
03-03-2011, 05:20 AM
where can i find some reef save check valves in red deer area?

The Grizz
03-04-2011, 04:23 AM
I found an online store that has them for ethic's, I will see if I can find the link again.

EDIT: Found it

http://www.canadianpondsonline.com/prod363.html

paddyob
03-04-2011, 04:47 AM
BRS. The ones I got are fantastic. FANTASTIC.

The Grizz
03-04-2011, 04:52 AM
BRS. The ones I got are fantastic. FANTASTIC.

There site seems to have crashed so I can't compare pricing and type but I believe the ones from the Canadian site are a better deal :biggrin:

claymax
03-04-2011, 05:00 AM
nice, they come in 1/2 and 3/4, i was worried about finding the smaller sizes

paddyob
03-04-2011, 12:30 PM
There site seems to have crashed so I can't compare pricing and type but I believe the ones from the Canadian site are a better deal :biggrin:

Mine were a great deal (the only reason I ordered from the USA) and they are the clear ones so you can see the flap inside. they are also a true union connection so you can swap it out ASAP if any issues.

fishytime
03-04-2011, 01:01 PM
depending on the size, Red Coral online might be able to get you what you need.....

intarsiabox
03-05-2011, 01:32 AM
If you're in the Edmonton area Marine Aquaria has the clear flapper valve with unions on each end for fairly cheap, they also have the ball check valves for more money but lasts longer. Just keep in mind when designing your system to never trust a check valve as they all can fail, leave enough room in your sump to capture all the water from the overflow from the display tank.

wolf_bluejay
03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't know if they still have the same type or not, but I got the clear flapper true union check valves shipped for ocean aquatics in the vancouver area. The prices weren't to bad, and I prefer not to deal with all the brokerage/duty at the border when I can.

http://oceanaquatics.com/store/category/34/82/True-Union-Check-Valve/