PDA

View Full Version : what is up with my feather duster

Namscam
01-03-2004, 11:16 PM
I have a large feather duster that has been in my tank for about 2 weeks now...I bought it from J&L and its doing fine and all but the problem is that just a few days ago it lost its feathers,,it s like the feather part of it just fell of... I found the feather part of it behind some rocks...The good news is that the feather duster is still alive, the only thing is that it doesnt have any feathers...Its still in its tube. I can see its pinchers that it uses to hold the feathers...thinking that the feather part was dead I threw it away, The question is will it grow another feather or not??

StirCrazy
01-03-2004, 11:25 PM
it might. mine never did but if what ever stresses them is gone they could grow there feathers back

Steve

kuatto
01-03-2004, 11:30 PM
I could be wrong,but I thought that was one way they reproduced or spread,by dropping the crown and regrowing another crown while the dropped crown grew another body?Maybe someone with more exsperience can explain better.

Jim

marie
01-03-2004, 11:58 PM
It should be fine. within a week you should see some new short
feathers.

DiscusZ
01-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Normally they dropped their crown if stressed out. I had one do that once but it never recovered. not saying yours will not recover but it is a possibility. its a 50/50 sort of thing.

Jim

marie
01-04-2004, 12:17 AM
I've never had problems with them growing back,but I guess it
depends on why they lose them

Namscam
01-08-2004, 08:18 PM
well heres an update on my feather duster..Its starting to grow back its crown/feathers ..heres a pic of it
http://www.angelfire.com/oz/namscam/feather_duster.JPG