PDA

View Full Version : lf:copepods edm

cathyg_99
03-01-2011, 02:53 AM
im looking for some copepods or something to supplement my mandarin goby

toytech
03-01-2011, 04:13 AM
try feeding it some frozen blood worms mine loves them , first time i put them in the tank she ate a bunch .

BlueTang<3
03-01-2011, 12:26 PM
im looking for some copepods or something to supplement my mandarin goby

Your best bet would be to pick up some cheato from a well established system and toss it in your sump. Mandarins can eat tons of pods a day and you could never supplement there needs. By adding cheato you should get a good healthy population of them and a place for them to hide/reproduce.

cathyg_99
03-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Your best bet would be to pick up some cheato from a well established system and toss it in your sump. Mandarins can eat tons of pods a day and you could never supplement there needs. By adding cheato you should get a good healthy population of them and a place for them to hide/reproduce.

ive got cheato....

Wayne
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Do you have a refugium set up in your sump? I believe AI sells copepods, but call before you go because they don't always have them. I have had luck with small sinking pellets for my scooter...

ScubaSteve
03-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Supplimental copepods don't last long once you add them to you system as many of the pods are not actually tropical marine species, so they just die. You best bet, while your tank matures, is to try to get it to eat frozen or live blood worms, or live white worms. In the mean time, try to find someone who has a tank loaded with pods and steal some of their chaeto... this will help seed your tank.

To accelerate the seeding process, create a pile a rock rubble as a sanctuary for the pods from predators (ie. the mandarin) and feed the pile every once in a while. You'll soon nice at night that this pile is teaming with pods and they'll spread to your other live rock, then your good to go.