PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Please - Sump/Plumbing

Blue Ram
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Over the past weekend, I finally got the sump started up on a 120 gal used reef system I purchased. I've had one issue after another for more than a week now in getting this system set up due to missing parts, etc. All of the livestock has been in two holdings tanks waiting. I'm not happy with the way the sump is set up. I set it up the way the previous owner had but something is amiss.
I would really appreciate it if any of you experienced reefers could take a look at it and give me some suggestions for improving the operation of the protein skimmer and the sump in general. I do not have any experience with this equipment. I am reluctant to move the livestock into the tank before I'm happy the sump is operating efficiently. I'm in the west end of town - 5 minutes from Westhills. Willing to provide some compensation to an experienced individual. Sooner is better! Thanks,

phi delt reefer
02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
post some pictures on line of your problem areas and you can have the combined help of CANREEF.

A good quality video is a plus :)

dsaundry
02-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I think they are looking for some locals to come over and help them. Should be somebody in Cowtown that'll do it...:biggrin:

eli@fijireefrock.com
02-28-2011, 09:39 PM
I have no problem coming over to check it out.
give me a call we could set something up.
And now the price its the best in town.
free yes free no charge.I have no problem helping someone in need.
tonight and tomorrow evening is no problem or on the weekend let me know.
the only thing you need is a recorder as some of other canreefers say about me(talks allot and a bit loud :biggrin:)

Blue Ram
03-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Thank you. I've sent you a message.

Blue Ram
03-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Thank you Eli for taking the time to take a look at my tank and sump. You provided some great information and suggestions for improvements. The livestock and myself are very grateful!