PDA

View Full Version : The white crate stuff to put under live rock

CandyCane
02-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Does anybody know where to get the white egg crate stuff that you put under live rock in a new tank before the sand goes in along with putting coral frags on? I live in Calgary AB

Aquattro
02-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Home Depot, Rona, most larger hardware stores and lighting stores.

CandyCane
02-26-2011, 05:51 AM
wow quick response :) thanks thats perfect

cale262
02-26-2011, 01:10 PM
wow quick response :) thanks thats perfect

It's Called "egg crate" when you're asking them :wink:

fishytime
02-26-2011, 03:03 PM
actually its called light diffuser.....the guy looked at me like I was on drugs when I asked for "egg crate":wink:

intarsiabox
02-26-2011, 03:08 PM
The Home Depot I go to has it displayed with their ceiling tiles.

cale262
02-26-2011, 03:30 PM
actually its called light diffuser.....the guy looked at me like I was on drugs when I asked for "egg crate":wink:

I guess there are a few names for it then, I bought some a week ago and the manufacturers product sticker with the bar code that I had to pick off said "egg crate" ,...everywhere else I have ever bought it from had the same name for it...meh, I guess it depends on who you talk to.

edit...Better answer is "yes" it is one type of "light diffuser" but the product name you are looking for is "egg crate"...

Not to split hairs or anything...:wink:

hillegom
02-26-2011, 03:48 PM
I guess there are a few names for it then, I bought some a week ago and the manufacturers product sticker with the bar code that I had to pick off said "egg crate" ,...everywhere else I have ever bought it from had the same name for it...meh, I guess it depends on who you talk to.

I bought some a yr ago and had the same problem at Rona in Richmond, BC
I asked for egg crate and was given a quizzical look. Had to explain what I wanted and "aha you mean light diffuser for fluorescent lights"

Bloodasp
02-26-2011, 06:01 PM
I found those at the very back of home depot just near the light section.

CandyCane
02-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Well sounds like I'll just ask for both things and see which one doesnt get me a funny look :wink: thanks guys