PDA

View Full Version : What type of flexible tubing do you use?

Chin_Lee
01-03-2004, 05:07 AM
I'm looking to get some flexible tubing for my return (4 feet high) due to the awkward curve.
Does anybody use that black flexible accordian tubing like the one for the washing machine drain?
or do most people use that vinyl clear plastic type?

UnderWorldAquatics
01-03-2004, 05:11 AM
I use pool and spa fexible PVC, its white, smooth inside and out, has internal ribing so it cant collapse, you can usually pick it up at any pool or spay wholesaler or retailer...

Canadian Man
01-03-2004, 06:19 AM
I use pool and spa fexible PVC, its white, smooth inside and out, has internal ribing so it cant collapse, you can usually pick it up at any pool or spay wholesaler or retailer...

me too but for my return I use pond tubing. It's smooth on the inside and flexible. It has a skeleton on the outside in a coil pattern. Oh and it's black.

Delphinus
01-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Jonathan where's a good place to get the pond tubing? Not that I've looked, but I don't recall seeing that stuff in too many places. I know Rona has something but only in two sizes (neither which would work for, say a 1.5" bulkhead)

Canadian Man
01-04-2004, 05:19 AM
I got mine from a shop in Edmonton for free that was changing all their plumbing a year or so ago! :lol: :cool:

I have seen the tubing at Petland I believe. I did buy some when setting up the 230 and I got that from Pieces. Laguna so AKA. Hagen is the name of the local brand stuff I believe.

Jack
01-04-2004, 06:44 AM
If all else fails they have it at Home Depot. I think you can get it by the foot or in small rolls.

I like the white flex PVC personally.