PDA

View Full Version : orange spot turbo snail question

cathyg_99
02-24-2011, 03:57 PM
i bought a brand new orange spot turbo, all other livestock are doing fine except him... hes flat on his back not moving during the night and then about mid afternoon he flips over and starts to move around the tank not very far though... at first i thought he was just stuck and couldn't flip over so i turned him but now hes always on his back for most of the day....

should i pull him out?

EDIT:
Never mind he died...

ALang
02-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Mine just bury themselves into the sand, with their breathing tubes sticking up above.
As soon as there's any smell of food, they will come out of the sand like a bunch of bulldozers to look for food.
I will keep an eye out for it, since it will still eat. They are pretty expensive to just toss, if it is just have a little trouble righting itself. Good Luck!

cale262
02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
If he hasn't moved in a while I'd pull him out and smell him (you'll know) before tossing him...

outacontrol
02-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Do you have a sand bed that is deep enough and soft enough for the snail to borrow into to hide and be protected?

cathyg_99
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Do you have a sand bed that is deep enough and soft enough for the snail to borrow into to hide and be protected?

my fiance bought him for me... i have about 4 others in the tank already and they have no prob hiding in the sand, his nose (i guess you could say) is always up towards the top of the tank even when hes on his back...

ALang
02-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Hmmm... could just be a slightly challenged snail:lol:.