PDA

View Full Version : how much can i sell this bowfront tank for?

2klude
01-01-2004, 11:14 PM
i am moving onto bigger and better things...starting up a 150gal.

my old tank was a 72gallon bowfront. anyways whats a average price one of these setups go for used. its a 72gallon bowfront tank with matching black stand and glass lid. i see the exact setup going for 999at bigal's. is 450 a fair asking price?

StirCrazy
01-01-2004, 11:48 PM
you can ask what ever you want. some one might pay it but usaly you see used tanks going for 1/4 to 1/2 of the *new*. bow fronts might go for the higher of the two, who knows.

Steve

dekay
01-01-2004, 11:53 PM
fyi big als has the highest prices and everybody knows it. for more realistic retail prices, you should be looking at king ed or j&l. just my 2 cents.

2klude
01-02-2004, 12:21 AM
yeah i know big al's has the highest prices. i figured that out once i got more into the hobby. thing is i got this as a present from a x-grilfriend. i have no clue how much she paid. i went to alot of different places and the only place that sold this exact stand and tank was big al's. king eds had similar going for 749 but i feel the stands that came with the tank werent nowhere near as nice as the stand i have. my stand is solid pine with a black stain...no cheap particle board and laminate style stand. all the other stores i checked out seem to just have some kinda cheap wood laminate over the entire stand.