PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer (NAC 6) issue

Midway
02-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I am having this issue with this skimmer. I have it in my sump, works great, skims the heck out of the water. I turn it off to feed my corals, when i turn it back on, it does not do anything, there is no bubbles nothing. I have to take it out of the sump, drain all the water out of it, i sink it again and sometimes it starts to skim again sometimes i have to do it a couple of times to start it again. Something i'm doing wrong or what? It suppose to start right away when i turn it on.

If you have one of them, did you have the same issue i'm having?

Let me know how can i resolve this please.

Thanks,

Manny

lorenz0
02-19-2011, 09:09 AM
try giving it a vinegar bath and than hook it back up. what are you feeding? If your worried about it overflowing into the cup during feeding just dial it back during that time. I haven't had any issues with my NAC5 I just don't touch it except when I am cleaning it

Lance
02-19-2011, 04:36 PM
My biggest PITA in this hobby is pumps that don't start up again. Like Lorenzo stated, don't turn it off just dial it back.

Midway
02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Absolutely guys, why did not think about it myself!!!! Lol

Manny

globaldesigns
02-19-2011, 10:07 PM
I find if a pump doesn't start, and it has an air hose for the venturi, I just blow into the air hose and it starts.

RuGlu6
05-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I find if a pump doesn't start, and it has an air hose for the venturi, I just blow into the air hose and it starts.
+1 easy fix

ensquire
05-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Or block the air so it only draws water, works on my Reef Octopus HOB

don.ald
05-09-2011, 02:10 AM
i have the same skimmer and never turn it off because of the same issue--wont start again without taking it out and screwing with it. i just dial it back.