PDA

View Full Version : Firefish

Tracey2
02-19-2011, 02:31 AM
Does anyone here keep firefish with larger fish? Can you share your experience re how the firefish was added and how they get along, thanks

Coleus
02-19-2011, 03:15 AM
firefishes do better in group and they are very shy fishse, will not do well with aggressive fishes. Also you may have a problem with feeding them among larger fish

ALang
02-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Had a group of three, two surfed. Now I have one for over 10 months. Very shy. My other fishes weren't overly aggressive, just pick at the firefish occassionally, where-upon it'll dash into it's hidey hole in the LR.

I'd add the fish after the tank's main lights are out, but not when it's pitch black, it'll need some light to see the surroundings and to find a place to hide for the night. Wouldn't want to dash into a hole that's already occupied, right??

Don't just drop them into tank, use net to gently lower into heavily rocked area so they won't panic and dash about. (my mistake).

I would feed them lots the first few days, and several times a day. As they probably won't be allowed to eat in the open until your other fishes are used to them. They seem to really like small mysis and especially cyclopeeze (powder freezed dried form). They'll stay in the current to snatch the pods. Very nice fishes. Will consider adding on to my tank in the near future again.

Good luck with yours. Lenny.