PDA

View Full Version : HD Video of our 210 Gallon FOWLR

Diana
02-17-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3bwdcCvctE

More videos and pictures available on our website: www.aquaticescapes.ca (http://www.aquaticescapes.ca)

Cheers,
Diana & Raf

Binare
02-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Beautiful tank, you a vendor?

AquaticFinatic
02-18-2011, 02:21 AM
Thats a lot of fish in one little tank! :mrgreen:

Diana
02-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Sure is, will be especially when they are full grown :D. Good thing they get lots of TLC!

Diana
02-18-2011, 04:17 AM
Beautiful tank, you a vendor?

Thanks, my husband and I have a maintenance company, but this is one of our personal tanks.

Delphinus
02-18-2011, 04:25 AM
Is this the same tank you guys had a few years back with the seawhips? I have this vague recollection from a few years ago.

Very nice!

How do you keep the rocks so clean, is it just a matter of having enough herbivores? Whatcha lighting the tank with?

Megalodon
02-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Thats a lot of fish in one little tank! :mrgreen:That's what I was thinking! Beautiful though ... very beautiful.

Diana
02-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Is this the same tank you guys had a few years back with the seawhips? I have this vague recollection from a few years ago.

Very nice!

How do you keep the rocks so clean, is it just a matter of having enough herbivores? Whatcha lighting the tank with?

Yeah same tank! We did a little re-aquascaping and thought a video shoot would be nice. Keeping the tank clean is a combo of the tangs and the lighting, because the glass doesn't get very dirty either. We only have the lights on for 6 hours in the evening (the tank gets some natural sunlight in the day). Oh, and the 4 quickfilters help too :tongue1:

Lighting is a 6 foot Coralife 4 x 96w (2 10,000, 2 actinic)

Thanks for the compliments, I just love this tank. It reminds me of a lagoon and I could watch it all day.

:)
-Diana

hillegom
02-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the compliments, I just love this tank. It reminds me of a lagoon and I could watch it all day.

:)
-Diana

Me too!!

untamed
03-04-2011, 04:28 AM
I like it! Of course, I love the vlamingi and unicornis tangs. Trust me.. Those two will take up a lot of space in that tank within a year or so...

naesco
03-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Thats a lot of fish in one little tank! :mrgreen:

Yup, way, way too many.

Diana
03-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Probably the reason it works so well! :D They will definately need a larger tank soon, preferably a 10 foot but we will see what we can fit in the new house.

Navarchus
03-25-2011, 08:33 PM
in one word.......WOW......!

Tom R
03-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Very Nice Diana.

Tom R

Norstar
03-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Way-y-y-y too many fish. I'd be a very stressed out fish.

Diana
03-26-2011, 01:43 AM
I guess coming from the world of african cichlids Raf & I know that when dealing with aggressive fish overcrowding works like a charm. This tank has been up for 5 years. With massive amounts of filtration the tank can handle it... the only problem I foresee is the fish outgrowing the tank (unicorn, I am watching you). We have plans to give them at the very least 400 gallons with as much length as possible. We have witnessed far too many cases with large fish in small tanks, it just breaks my heart. Actually quite a number of these fish have been rescues. :)

es355lucille
03-26-2011, 01:55 AM
That is a really nice system you have there Diana...and the fish seem to be very peaceful.

You mentioned your Unicorn.......they say they can grow to 24-30" in length......well I seen them in Maui this winter and they are simply amazing. I swam around with 6-8 of them and they were all over 24" in length. What a wonderful fish to have.

Brad

Delphinus
03-26-2011, 05:44 AM
Tell me more about the massive amount of filtration? Please and thank you? :)

Navarchus
03-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Well I do have to agree that it is kind of overcrowded! But it looks so natural, the fish doesn’t look stressed at all, water are very clear and the tank looks very clean. Is that a Deltec ?

I just love the way it looks

Diana
03-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Tell me more about the massive amount of filtration? Please and thank you? :)

I'd be happy to :). Filtration:

Two XP3 canister filters (2x 350gph) mostly with bio media
Four Aquaclear 70 powerheads w/ quickfilters (4 x 400 GPH) for mechanical
Two Hydor Koralia Pumps (2 x 1400 GPH)
Deltec MCE600 Skimmer 500 GPH
UV Sterilizer

Total GPH: 5600

Maybe "massive" is a bit of an overstatement- its a lot. The proof is in the pudding, the tank stays clean, clear and the fish are fat and healthy. Only stress comes from the stupid domino damsels constantly laying eggs....

I think its a bit incorrect to say that there are too many fish in a tank (the fish getting too large for a tank is another statement all together, one which I agree with. If anyone has seen yellow tangs in the wild they will know that even these guys will outgrow a 200 gallon). If the tank is doing well and in balance, and there is no aggression, then where is there an issue?

Maybe we should put a disclaimer "Only to be attempted by professionals". ;) Raf and I are not reckless- we know what we are doing. ;)

Cheers!
-Diana

Maverick00
03-27-2011, 12:33 AM
amazing tank!!!

Skimmerking
03-27-2011, 01:24 AM
looks very clean Diana i love the color of the fish when the actinic's are powered up

Diana
05-31-2013, 05:16 AM
Update! Our fish were lucky enough to receive an upgrade to a new home. They now reside in an 800 gallon cylinder with artificial reef. Sad to see them go, but I love seeing them school and with so much room. We still maintain this aquarium so we get to see them every week. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uQS9FL4jxk&feature=youtu.be

-Diana

Delphinus
05-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Looks neat, is that a private tank or in a public spot? Just wondering because it sort of sounds like canned rain/thunder sounds in the background but I'll just disclaimer that statement right now that I had a really lousy sleep with a headcold (who has two thumbs and gets a head cold on the eve of June? This guy!! Apparently... {grumble}) so I kind of have no idea what those sounds are. :)

Diana
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
haha Tony you know I'm not quite sure either, Raf has this video editing program on his iphone and he added the sounds in. I think its supposed to be rain and waves on the beach? :noidea: The aquarium is in a private house. Get better soon!