PDA

View Full Version : Co-workers Mystery "thing"

Chaloupa
02-16-2011, 03:37 AM
My co-worker has this mystery anemone type thing...it's not a Majano, it's not Aiptasia...it's light sensitive..so usually closes during the day...came in on her live rock.....to me, it looks like a type of anemone or mushroom but very sensitive. Any ideas?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Chaloupa/IMG_0547.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Chaloupa/IMG_0546.jpg

daniella3d
02-16-2011, 03:39 AM
Dunno what it is but it's really cute!

Chaloupa
02-16-2011, 03:41 AM
Dunno what it is but it's really cute!

I agree! Very colorful, neat look to it, doesn't bug anything...we've poured over books, internet sites, you name it...no idea what it is!

The Grizz
02-16-2011, 03:51 AM
It almost looks like it has the tentacles of a RBTA and the center body of a flower rock anemone. Very cool looking for sure.

reefwars
02-16-2011, 05:06 AM
looks like some type of ball anemone to me:):)nice colour though:):)

Borderjumper
02-16-2011, 05:10 AM
I'm also thinking it's a ball tip anemone.

no_bs
02-16-2011, 05:11 AM
+ on the rock anenome

ScubaSteve
02-16-2011, 05:13 AM
+1 on ball nem. I had one pretty similar to it at one point.

eternitybc
02-16-2011, 05:56 AM
We had a couple just like that, only pure white. The tentacles retracted in the daylight. After a lot of resaearch I found out it was a type of sponge...I'll see if I can dig up the name. Yours might be the same... but we've had them for a year, and they're nothing but cute! Good stuff to have, I think

High tide
02-16-2011, 06:49 AM
I've got one, had it for about 6 or 7 years now. I can't for the life of me remember the name right now but i'll work on it. I ID'd it quite some time ago and it wasn't easy to find. Very cool nem, likes shady spots, target fed only a few times over the years but remains healthy looking.

High tide
02-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Oh yeah, Telmatactis cricoides.

reefwars
02-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Oh yeah, Telmatactis cricoides.

nice id cool nem:):) alot of nems like that come from down that way pretty cool:):)

High tide
02-16-2011, 07:15 AM
nice id cool nem:):) alot of nems like that come from down that way pretty cool:):)

Definitely a sweet hitch hiker, the orange on mine is quite vivid.

damtrees420
02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
haha sweet i have one as well and now i know what it is

High tide
02-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks for appreciating the ID guys. It would seem the OP does not care about the answer to the burning question that has exhausted all resources.... I love it when people REALLY want to know and then disappear.

muck
02-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks for appreciating the ID guys. It would seem the OP does not care about the answer to the burning question that has exhausted all resources.... I love it when people REALLY want to know and then disappear.
Geez dude.. its only been 12hrs. Some people have more of a life than the rest of us. :lol:

High tide
02-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Geez dude.. its only been 12hrs. Some people have more of a life than the rest of us. :lol:

Come on, that person is on here 24/7. Some people just want a quick answer without acknowledging the person who put in the work to find it for them, it's just common courtesy that's all. That being said, there are people who recognize the efforts so it's all good, some people are just rude.

Chaloupa
02-16-2011, 05:49 PM

You're kidding me right? I got answers...I answered the first one, and weird I have a life, just because I didn't come on to thank everyone within the first 10 minutes of posting doesn't make me rude or ungrateful.....I'm NOT on Canreef all the time, sorry to disappoint. As you can see, YES I have quite a few posts, and YES I have been absent for the last 12 months quite a bit as I DO have a life...maybe you should look into one, and not be rude to others when it is not necessary. It was completely UNCALLED for, for you to call me out. Thank you Muck for saying what you did.

Now to the people that DID answer with great info. Thank you! I have passed on the information to my co-worker and she's quite pleased. I think that she lucked out with that one!

High tide
02-16-2011, 06:00 PM
You're kidding me right? I got answers...I answered the first one, and weird I have a life, just because I didn't come on to thank everyone within the first 10 minutes of posting doesn't make me rude or ungrateful.....I'm NOT on Canreef all the time, sorry to disappoint. As you can see, YES I have quite a few posts, and YES I have been absent for the last 12 months quite a bit as I DO have a life...maybe you should look into one, and not be rude to others when it is not necessary. It was completely UNCALLED for, for you to call me out. Thank you Muck for saying what you did.

Now to the people that DID answer with great info. Thank you! I have passed on the information to my co-worker and she's quite pleased. I think that she lucked out with that one!

You're welcome, I am glad to hear she was pleased.

ensquire
02-16-2011, 06:01 PM

+1

Lance
02-16-2011, 06:16 PM

Huh? I don't understand. Why all the negativity High tide?

High tide
02-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Huh? I don't understand. Why all the negativity High tide?

Good question. Just a little irritated. I guess I put too much time into this one to be completely dismissed. I just want to help, maybe helping people on this forum is not for me.

PoonTang
02-16-2011, 07:37 PM
You werent dismissed at all. You were just dealing with someone who is self employed and running her own very busy fish store. She just doesnt have time to run to the computer every 10 minutes and check for new replys. Some poor people have real jobs during the daytime.

Funky_Fish14
02-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Good question. Just a little irritated. I guess I put too much time into this one to be completely dismissed. I just want to help, maybe helping people on this forum is not for me.

Wow... you are actually that arrogant? "Maybe helping people on this forum is not for me"... Really? Throw yourself on a pedestal above everybody else... Real charming.

And as said before... no-one dismissed you. AT ALL. Save-face and apologize (or at least stop criticizing the OP), before you make yourself look like more of a charmer.

Cheers,

Chris

jorjef
02-16-2011, 09:19 PM
And the stoning continues, someone light the stake and lets get this finished!! She is a big girl and responded to the comment.... white knights at ease. lol

fishoholic
02-16-2011, 09:32 PM

By no way did she dismiss you, you never gave her a chance to thank-you before you slammed her. You answered her question in the middle of the night at 1am when she was probably sleeping. Then in the morning she was probably getting ready for work and didn't have time to check canreef until11:49am just before noon, which I assume was when she on her lunch break, and probably the first time she was able to check the thread to see if anyone else responded, since the last post she made.

In the future please give someone a couple of days to respond back to you before getting upset. I know that while I am often on here fairly often, there is the odd time when I have gone 1-2 days without having a chance to check in depending on how busy I am. If it can happen to me it can happen to others, so just because someone doesn't respond back to you instantly doesn't mean that they are dismissing you, it just might mean they haven't had time to see your post yet. FYI one member took 3 days to get back to me about something he was selling, I thought he sold it to someone else, but it turned out he just hadn't had time to check in the past 3 days.

ScubaSteve
02-16-2011, 09:39 PM
HEY, HEY, HEY! You kids better knock off y'er bickerin' or I'm going to take my belt off and y'er all gonna get a whollopin'! Everyone is getting a time out!

Really people? Let's drop this before it turns into another OC event. There's bigger fish to fry than this..... errrr, ok maybe that's a bad anology 'round these parts...

http://i26.tinypic.com/13ygcad.jpg

muck
02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Being that this thread has served its purpose...

** THREAD CLOSED **

:wave: