PDA

View Full Version : Interesting things at Picies

whaase
12-31-2003, 07:05 PM
I was over at Picies (I think that how it's spelled) and I saw a couple things I thought were interesting. First was a 90g wave tank. It was kind of neet i guess, it was just as the name says, the front was a wave shape. So the width varied from about maybe 20" to 12"? I wouldn't wan't one though.. :biggrin:

Sencond was a bulb. It looked like the small CF you would buy for your home that have about 3 u-shape tubes, but it was about 12" long, 125w, and If I remeber rite it was 6400k. I didn't see a price though. Anyone know what these are?

Also noticed that Big-Al's had the Mak5 pump for a cool $750 :eek: :confused: Man, way overpriced. Even the Mag12 was about $100 more than I've seen on J&L.. they wanted $279 for it. oh well.

Walter

Bob I
12-31-2003, 10:57 PM
I was over at Picies (I think that how it's spelled)
Actually it is Pisces, as in Fish

Second was a bulb. It looked like the small CF you would buy for your home that have about 3 u-shape tubes, but it was about 12" long, 125w, and If I remeber rite it was 6400k. I didn't see a price though. Anyone know what these are?

Yes they are a Power Compact with the ballast built in the screw-in base. There are some that are 6400K (the more common). Ross uses those in his tank. He also has one that is 10000K. He gets them at a Hydroponics place for less money than Pisces asks for them.

:eek: