PDA

View Full Version : What about Flashing Tilefish

seasmurf
02-13-2011, 05:23 AM
Does anyone have a special fish species chosen as the 'show' fish as THE center of attention?
· Researched, and at first it was going to be Jack fish, until I read more and saw their adult morph, and size too.
· Also technicolour anthias that seem active, I understand that their feeding regime is a bit more,
· And finally I think I have focused and narrowed down my attention to the tilefish.
Here is a link to this sensitive tile fish, and very gorgeous: http://glassbox-design.com/2009/flashing-tilefish-puts-on-a-technicolor-show/ (http://glassbox-design.com/2009/flashing-tilefish-puts-on-a-technicolor-show/)

SOME OF MY CONCERNS:
· I don’t understand what I need to think of according to the riskof pursuing fish that are wild caught; which means I must take in every measure, of course, to make it work for me and for the fish, right? Has anyone done this, with wild fish I mean?
· What was planned ahead of its arrival? And then its acclimation?
· Name me everything I can do to minimize stress in transport process, and perfect way to acclimate..
· Who are the people to trust when I take action?

I still have hours of research ahead of me; and plenty of time to do so though. I accept the challenge and dedication for a "special needs fish". I’m listening for any thoughts…
(My 180 LPS tank will be cycled and stacked by August. Around this time is when I am going to decide on a couple species of fish that are of course compatible to a reef set-up).
Thank you,
~M~

Aquattro
02-13-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm officially old. I can't read that :)

jorjef
02-13-2011, 02:27 PM
SOME OF MY CONCERNS:
· I don’t understand what I need to think of according to the riskof pursuing fish that are wild caught; which means I must take in every measure, of course, to make it work for me and for the fish, right? Has anyone done this, with wild fish I mean?

Almost all marine fish are wild caught...just pick one

Made sure tank has water in it.. empty bag 1/2 out, put same amount of tank water back into bag...repeat

· Name me everything I can do to minimize stress in transport process, and perfect way to acclimate..

Unless you plan on diving for the fish yourself and flying him home.. just put the bagged fish in a bag from store go home...Acclimtion... see above.

???? Pet stores arn't counter terrorist. Talk to them if they give good advise and answer you concerns you can probably trust them

Side note ... you seem to be putting in an excess amount on thinking into this...don't give yourself an ulcer.... if I'm being a jerk just trying to get you to relax a bit

Leah
02-13-2011, 02:32 PM

Me too! :wink:

seasmurf
02-13-2011, 04:34 PM
SOME OF MY CONCERNS:

Almost all marine fish are wild caught...just pick one

Made sure tank has water in it.. empty bag 1/2 out, put same amount of tank water back into bag...repeat

Unless you plan on diving for the fish yourself and flying him home.. just put the bagged fish in a bag from store go home...Acclimtion... see above.

???? Pet stores arn't counter terrorist. Talk to them if they give good advise and answer you concerns you can probably trust them

Side note ... you seem to be putting in an excess amount on thinking into this...don't give yourself an ulcer.... if I'm being a jerk just trying to get you to relax a bit

Thank you :) All common sense. :thumb:

seasmurf
02-13-2011, 04:39 PM

Hey Brad, my bad, sorry. I'll [ost it big, but now its a non issue as I read the other peeps post replys. Thanks Everyone!

Does anyone have a special fish species chosen as the 'show' fish as THE center of attention?
· Researched, and at first it was going to be Jack fish, until I read more and saw their adult morph, and size too.
· Also technicolour anthias that seem active, I understand that their feeding regime is a bit more,
· And finally I think I have focused and narrowed down my attention to the tilefish.
Here is a link to this sensitive tile fish, and very gorgeous: http://glassbox-design.com/2009/flashing-tilefish-puts-on-a-technicolor-show/ (http://glassbox-design.com/2009/flashing-tilefish-puts-on-a-technicolor-show/)

SOME OF MY CONCERNS:

I still have hours of research ahead of me; and plenty of time to do so though. I accept the challenge and dedication for a "special needs fish". I’m listening for any thoughts…
(My 180 LPS tank will be cycled and stacked by August. Around this time is when I am going to decide on a couple species of fish that are of course compatible to a reef set-up).
Thank you,
~M~

seasmurf
02-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Uhg! Still not big enough! oh well then,
Ciao!

Aquattro
02-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Might just be that I need glasses :)

cuz
02-13-2011, 05:28 PM
that is 1 cool fish!!!

Ryan
02-13-2011, 06:59 PM
I have ordered them in before and they are really cool but they only flash under stress. Once they settle in they stay one color.

IMO the Purple Tilefish is a much nice fish in the big picture.

seasmurf
02-14-2011, 01:18 AM
I have ordered them in before and they are really cool but they only flash under stress. Once they settle in they stay one color.

IMO the Purple Tilefish is a much nice fish in the big picture.

That helps significantly, really an amazing fish. I'll add the purple tilefish to my want list.:Fade-col:

tidal_waters
02-14-2011, 03:52 AM
If you have not already done so, build yourself a screen to cover your tank. I forgot to put my screen back on after some tank maintenance and found him on the love seat the next morning.