PDA

View Full Version : RO membrane housing fitting

apexifd
02-12-2011, 04:37 PM
any one where I can get the check valve elbow for the clean water outlet??

tried everything with my aquasafe one, and it keeps on leaking. I tried push in more with a plier, replaced the o-ring from a know good fitting, tried a new tube.

It's about a drop every 3 second, but it adds up.

so, does any one know where to get a replacement here in richmond area?? or the surrounding city??

hillegom
02-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Are you asking about the john guest fittings?
If so try Rona or Home depot
Sometimes they leak if the pipe is a bit damaged , ie inserted into fitting one time too many.
Before buying, try cutting a half inch off it before reinserting into fitting.

mark
02-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I bought a replacement check valve / elbow direct from Aquasafe

apexifd
02-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Are you asking about the john guest fittings?
If so try Rona or Home depot
Sometimes they leak if the pipe is a bit damaged , ie inserted into fitting one time too many.
Before buying, try cutting a half inch off it before reinserting into fitting.

tried that already... might tried again... beats drive out and find another fitting.

I bought a replacement check valve / elbow direct from Aquasafe

IMO. they should send me a free elbow along with the missing post carbon filter. haven't even product a gallon a water from this system yet.

btw, how much water does it take to flush system to get pure water. tested my output water a few times, and it still has more TDS than my tap water.

staceyd72
02-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Wrong thread:redface:

jd949
03-18-2011, 11:24 PM
tried that already... might tried again... beats drive out and find another fitting.

IMO. they should send me a free elbow along with the missing post carbon filter. haven't even product a gallon a water from this system yet.

btw, how much water does it take to flush system to get pure water. tested my output water a few times, and it still has more TDS than my tap water.

i forget how much it said to let run through and discard at first, maybe 20 gal? I think I ran about 3 gal through mine before it read 0 tds. I ran another 2 or 3 gal, retested and still at zeros. Stared using it since, never any problems. My tap water is between 180 - 190 TDS.

Rogue951
04-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I live by nanaimo skytrain, my tap TDS is only about 16 at worst. the stuff coming out of the waste pipe is 25-30 (still very clean, I think I'll pipe this into a ran barrel outside this summer and use it to water then lawn), production water is 0.

If it's brand new are you sure the membrane is seated properly? I had this problem a long time ago with my first RO system.
Also do u have the proper restrictor pipe?
If you bought a prebuilt system should be OK, if you customized it then might want to check everything.

If you bought it brand new I would expect them to replace or repair anything that came from them.