PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie question..

Jenn_737700
02-11-2011, 10:58 PM
So I have this pair of f.p clowns, that I just got about 3 weeks ago. They're doing well, getting along, eating good, no complaints there. The only thing im wondering about is that the smaller clown ( the male ) is getting somewhat darker and making these weird shaking motions around the female. Sort of like a mini-seizure. I feel kind of dumb asking, but id like to know why he's doing it?...:razz:

tidal_waters
02-11-2011, 11:17 PM
So I have this pair of f.p clowns, that I just got about 3 weeks ago. They're doing well, getting along, eating good, no complaints there. The only thing im wondering about is that the smaller clown ( the male ) is getting somewhat darker and making these weird shaking motions around the female. Sort of like a mini-seizure. I feel kind of dumb asking, but id like to know why he's doing it?...:razz:

The twitching is normal behavior

xnmuller
02-11-2011, 11:56 PM
the smaller clown ( the male ) is getting somewhat darker

I have had my clowns for about a week now and I noticed the same thing. He doesn't seem to show any signs of distress so I figured it was normal.

Maverick00
02-12-2011, 12:00 AM
I had the same issue and thought it needed an exorcism when i first saw it happening. Ive read its normal as well.

mark
02-12-2011, 12:18 AM
keep your eye open for eggs

axe_man16
02-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I think Mark means eggs. The shaking could be a type of mating call. Watch for the male biting at live rock, as he is clearing a spot for some eggs.

Jenn_737700
02-12-2011, 12:29 AM
thanks:biggrin: and yeah, ive noticed him biting at a flat rock, and both of them tend to stay in that area. So maybe she will lay eggs...