PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Reef Supply order

Frenchie2
02-11-2011, 04:32 AM
Is anyone buying something at Bulk Reef Supply now or in the near future? I'd like to get some screening to make up tank tops but the shipping is twice the cost of the screen. I just thought if I go with somebody on an order, I could share the shipping. Please advise. Thanks much!

gobytron
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I could use a couple of things from them...

Never ordered from BRS before.

es355lucille
02-11-2011, 05:32 PM
I was thinking of making an order, but again the cost of shipping is great without a larger order......but can we get them sent to each person or one order....I am thinking one order..so it may not work for me to be added in. I have never done a group order before. Brad

Is anyone buying something at Bulk Reef Supply now or in the near future? I'd like to get some screening to make up tank tops but the shipping is twice the cost of the screen. I just thought if I go with somebody on an order, I could share the shipping. Please advise. Thanks much!

gobytron
02-11-2011, 06:11 PM
yeah, I imagine this is for locals only...
I would be there would be enough interest in a Calgary group order at some point though...

es355lucille
02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
This is off the BRS site:

We have a unique way of doing Group Buy's at BulkReefSupply.com. Instead of requiring groups to place a single large order we give each group buy participant individual access to our lowest prices. There are no purchase quantity or order size requirements. Each participant gets the lowest prices even if they only buy one item. This removes the need to organize one big bulk order, collect all the payments, and distribute the order. And this also means Group Buys at BulkReefSupply are not limited to local clubs! That's right, because orders are shipped separately group buys can involve people from all over the country and Canada.

I am definately in!!

yeah, I imagine this is for locals only...
I would be there would be enough interest in a Calgary group order at some point though...

Twinn
02-11-2011, 06:42 PM

We have a unique way of doing Group Buy's at BulkReefSupply.com. Instead of requiring groups to place a single large order we give each group buy participant individual access to our lowest prices. There are no purchase quantity or order size requirements. Each participant gets the lowest prices even if they only buy one item. This removes the need to organize one big bulk order, collect all the payments, and distribute the order. And this also means Group Buys at BulkReefSupply are not limited to local clubs! That's right, because orders are shipped separately group buys can involve people from all over the country and Canada.

I am definately in!!

I was part of a group order like this one. You still pay individual shipping.

es355lucille
02-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Do you recall what kind of a deal you got?

JonT
02-11-2011, 06:47 PM

Yes, but normally, once you factor in the discount of the group buy, the shipping isn't all that much.

The group buy makes the prices of almost everything on the site cheaper. So, as long as your ordering more than one item, you will save enough to negate the shipping fees. And it is delivered to your door :)

Plus, who ever organizes it gets 2000 points (equal to 20$)

es355lucille
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Looks like we need 10 people.

es355lucille
02-11-2011, 07:12 PM
For you reading pleasure.

Shipping to Canada: All Canadian orders received before Thursday @ midnight are shipped on Friday. The shipping program we use to save you brokerage fees only allows us to ship on Fridays. Canadian orders will arrive at your door with no extra fees due. Here's how: BulkReefSupply.com pays all brokerage charges out of our pocket to UPS. We also pay the GST, customs duties, and other Canadian governement fees however these are passed on to the customer via a flat 15% Canadian tax assessed at checkout on our site. In a nut shell we pay brokerage and you still pay your government fees, but you know the cost up front and there is no surprise bill presentated when the package is delivered at your door. The 15% tax rate is based on the Ports of Entry our shipments pass through Canadian Customs and on the duties required on the wide variety of products we ship to Canada. Please note all prices on BulkReefSupply.com are in US dollars, not Canadian. Canadian orders are not eligible for any Free Shipping offer.

reeferious
02-11-2011, 07:34 PM
i'm running low on quite a few chemicals and supplies so i'll be in if anyone wants to organize this group order

gobytron
02-11-2011, 07:38 PM

I am definately in!!

I think mainly we are looking to save on shipping with one big order rather than have several small orders, each subject to their own sihipping charges.

If I have to pay for all of the shipping cost, count me out.

Twinn
02-11-2011, 08:01 PM
last time I was part of the group order I did not find that big of a discount on pricing. In fact prices on most items stayed the same.

braid11
02-11-2011, 08:52 PM
I was in on the last group order organized out of Calgary. The discount on gate valves, TU ball valves, and BRS pumps and chemicals etc made it worthwhile.

I have a shipping address with Security Mail Services in Blaine, so free shipping applied to Blaine. I co-ordinate a trip thru the city with a midweek border crossing (no wait times), and pick it up.

I do that a couple times per year for various purchases. Shipping and brokerage charges to Canada can eat up any savings, and then some.

Tom

pirate
02-11-2011, 09:44 PM
My shipping charges eat up all my savings last time, the prices were very good but the shipping was terrible. It was cheaper for me to go and buy it at a lfs and not have to wait for it to arrive by ups. My 0.02