PDA

View Full Version : Oceanic 37G Cube

mr_alberta
12-31-2003, 02:44 AM
Hey all,

Anyone using one of these? I saw one at my local Petsmart and I am in love!

I'm already planning the upgrade from my 29G! :mrgreen:

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

CHEAPREEF
12-31-2003, 03:42 AM
It's not a 37gal, it's 30gal. http://www.oceanicsystems.com/2003/ocsys.htm I've had one up and running for the last year. What are you needing to know?

Clinton

mr_alberta
12-31-2003, 03:56 AM
Hey Clinton,

Oceanic does make a 37G cube. Its 24½ x 18½ x 21 ½. It's not a true "cube" but it is close enough.

I just wanted to know if anyone had drilled one.

CHEAPREEF
12-31-2003, 04:32 AM
Ok my mistake. I have a lifereef overflow (my copy anyway) i wont have another dilled tank after the last one ended up on the floor.

Clinton

mr_alberta
12-31-2003, 03:07 PM
Do you think that was caused by the glass being weakened by having a hole drilled in it? I thought it was due to your stand giving out.

On you Oceanic cube, do you have the Oceanic stand or did you build your own? If it is the Oceanic stand, how do you like it? Is there room to play around in there?

CHEAPREEF
12-31-2003, 03:16 PM
Do you think that was caused by the glass being weakened by having a hole drilled in it? I thought it was due to your stand giving out.

No my stand did not give out, when was the last time you saw a metal stand give out? :mrgreen: I believe it was a poorly made tank.

On you Oceanic cube, do you have the Oceanic stand or did you build your own? If it is the Oceanic stand, how do you like it? Is there room to play around in there?

I bought the whole setup, tank, stand, light and glass top. I'm only using the tank and stand though. The stand is a bit cramped as it's really no designed for a reef, so it's hard to get a sump to fit. I ended up going with a rubbermaid container as a temp until i built a sump. That was about a year ago. :wink: I really like the build quality of both the tank and stand, if i was to buy another tank Oceanic is the only brand i'll buy. Might be a bit overpriced but it's way over built. If you want give me a PM some time and you can come a take a look for yourself if you like.

Clinton