PDA

View Full Version : L/F Ballast for my lights

lapdog2020
02-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Looking for M80 Ballasts for my lights. I'm just not having any luck with this lighting thing at all.
I just bought a used fixtuer for my tank and now I found out that the ballasts are no good and i can't find the replacement for them at all, there an internal ballast in the fixtuer. So now I have 400watt lights over my tank that sit roughly 6 feet off my tank, thay where for my new tank that i will be getting in the next few months, But for right now I really need to get this fixtuer fixed. Does anyone have any Idea or have M80 Ballast for sale?

if I can't find this ballast I might be shuting down my tank. the 400watters are just to much for this tank. And the light is killing me when there lighting up my hole house. lol.

JUST GOING CRAZY NEED HELP! I'M WILLING TO BUY,BUY,BUY IF YOUR WILLING TO SELL, SELL, SELL.

tang daddy
02-10-2011, 09:13 PM
What kind of mh fixture is this mogul base or hqi?

If you have to replace the ballast I would recommend checking with some of your local grow shops in Edmonton, I know here in Vancouver they do sell 400w ballasts for mh....

Or alternatively Jl Aquatics can ship one to you as they have many different types of ballasts to choose from!

lastlight
02-10-2011, 09:18 PM
The only readily available 250w hwi ballasts I know of are the aquamedic reeflex. They say they are M80 although Advance (Philips) stopped producing these ballasts so perhaps aquamedic happened upon a stockpile.

http://www.aqua-medic.com/reeflex_magnetic_ballast.shtml

Otherwise you try your best to find them used like I did. It's not easy!

lapdog2020
02-11-2011, 07:01 AM
it's an HQI Ballast. I really don't want to retro fix my fixture. I just want to replace the one that I have inside the fixture. The only thing I can do really is hope lol