PDA

View Full Version : New Store Edmonton

BlueTang<3
02-10-2011, 02:36 AM
Are the rumours true? Something about a new store in Edmonton i heard from someone its called central aquarium or something just opened anyone hear or see anything?

howdy20012002
02-10-2011, 05:17 AM
it is on 111 ave and about 121 st.
between tim hortons and the electrical Inspectors group(in the same building)
as far as I can see it is not open yet.
it states fresh and saltwater fish.

Kevotron
02-18-2011, 12:31 AM
I have driven by that place several times since around xmas, and everytime I keep seeing "Opening soon"
so either construction is state of the art inside that requires months of work
or the opening of the store has stalled due to financial problems

Capt_kulafu
03-16-2011, 04:51 PM
yes its true they opened on march 16, 2011
thanks

Are the rumours true? Something about a new store in Edmonton i heard from someone its called central aquarium or something just opened anyone hear or see anything?

Kevotron
03-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Confirmed is opened, lots of fresh water fish, salt water section is quite large as well... however it will be a month wait before the salty stuff comes in..
set up is quite nice and clean

Jeff000
03-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Confirmed is opened, lots of fresh water fish, salt water section is quite large as well... however it will be a month wait before the salty stuff comes in..
set up is quite nice and clean

Were you the one that posted a new thread stating this? The thread was removed I think. Are you the owner? employee? Or just someone that stopped in?

Kevotron
04-03-2011, 06:11 PM
nope just stopped in... wish i owned a business lol

mark
10-19-2011, 08:18 PM
heard place has a good SW fish selection, any comments?

ALang
10-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Great FW selections! Great planted tanks as well. Nicely displayed, good hard to find fishes, FW inverts as well.
Almost made me go take a good look at an empty tank to turn into planted Amano Style tank...I do missed them once in a while.
Lenny.

fishoholic
10-19-2011, 11:58 PM
A sort of small but ok SW selection. Excellent FW selection. Worth taking a look.

Myka
10-20-2011, 01:36 AM
I was in there before they had any SW stock, just had live rock in the tanks cycling. It looked like quite a large SW section though. I hope their employees are well schooled in the differences between freshwater and saltwater - I find stores that have both often lack the understanding between the two...particularly when it comes to nutrient reduction. I would like to check it out again now that it has been stocked. I seem to remember them saying they would be more into fish than corals, and were only making two tanks into coral tanks.

HaZRaTTy
10-20-2011, 09:55 PM
heard place has a good SW fish selection, any comments?

I was in there 5 days ago. It's SW is not the biggest. There tanks are very clean and they do have quite an ok selection of speciies. I believe I talked to the owner very knowledgable guy and helpful.

There FW section is huge, I looked around and seen alot of species that I haven't seen in any other Edmonton Fish Stores.

Best thing no dead fish / very clean tanks healthy looking fish to my eye.

Wayne
10-21-2011, 03:41 AM
I found that you have to be there shortly after they get their shipment because stuff goes fast there. Decent selection of fish, little bit of coral good prices aswell (but not the greatest selection).