PDA

View Full Version : Dosing pump question

Wayne
02-10-2011, 02:12 AM
I got a couple Tom's Aqua Lifter Dousing pump for Magnesium and Kalk. Only issue is they put out 3.5 gallons per hour which is a lot of fluid.

What is the best way to reduce the output? Timer, valve...

Gary
02-10-2011, 02:15 AM
I have been using the Tom pump for dosing by using a electronic timer. I currently have the pump run six times a day for 1 minute which seems to work well.

Wayne
02-10-2011, 02:27 AM
I guess digital would be the only way to use a timer. My non digital ones are minimum 15 min so thats a little over 3 liters per time on...

phi delt reefer
02-10-2011, 03:14 AM
digital timers fail regularly... net is full of horror stories.

Get a reefkeeper lite about $130 inc taxes. You can use it to run your pumps/lights, etc.

Wayne
02-10-2011, 03:23 AM
digital timers fail regularly... net is full of horror stories.

Get a reefkeeper lite about $130 inc taxes. You can use it to run your pumps/lights, etc.

LOL I have 3 web pages open for controllers. Just trying to figure out how big of a controller I need. I am thinking about a Reefkeeper Lite L3 so I can run lights,pumps,heaters,power heads...

Going to research these guys a little more :lol:

phi delt reefer
02-10-2011, 03:36 AM
l3 just adds an sl1 which measures ph and orp. Useless in my opinion - almost no one runs ozone anymore (i dont know why - i hear good things about it though!)

get the basic one and pick up some extra pc4's (the power bars)

or get a neptune apex - way better controller. I have the RKL and have not set it up yet but the APEX has way more features that will probably take Digital Aquatics 5 years to catch up too. Profilux is too complicated from what i hear - the APEX is the happy middle :)

cwatkins
02-10-2011, 05:49 AM
or get a neptune apex - way better controller. I have the RKL and have not set it up yet but the APEX has way more features that will probably take Digital Aquatics 5 years to catch up too.

+1 my Apex Lite works wonders with my dosing pumps and lighting

Wayne
02-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Oh I didn't know you could expand with another power bar. That was the reason I wanted the next level up. That makes that decision easy! Thanks:lol: