PDA

View Full Version : Everyday is never the same with saltwater

mws
02-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Well, First is the mystery of the empty shells. I had put a handful of shells(toenail size) for the crabs yesterday, only one manage to change the house. Two hours later all the shells was gone.
All other crabs with the exception of the one wearing an old houses.
So the only suspicion I have is the tiger shrimp took it as a building material. Could it be possible?

Next I have two nems split yesterday
_one of my big GBTA's
_ another rock flower nem
I think it has something to do with moon/sun cycles, as I been reading a few reports of nems splitting.

And last but not least is my hippo tang got stung by the bristle worm. It has 5-6 bristles on it side. What the outcome of that would be?

Lampshade
02-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Congrats on the new nem's.

My tang tried to bite a britstle worm or something, he had 3-4 poking out of his nose a for a few days. I was worried, but they went away after about a week.

As for your shells, that's odd, mine get burried, but not sure why, could even be water movement. Apperently crabs are pretty smart with shells, if there's one bigger shell a few crabs will gather around it, decide who will fit it best, and let them have it, and pass down the current shell to the next crab, and that crab's shell to the next, etc. Kinda creepy.

The Grizz
02-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Next I have two nems split yesterday
_one of my big GBTA's
_ another rock flower nem

Sweet deal on the Flower Nem Natalie, that is going to be the next nem I get when I have to 116 gal cubish tank finished.

Carrera75
02-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Interesting, I thought that rock flower anemones didn't split