PDA

View Full Version : Clowns hosting GBTA

pmcaree19
02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Hello i was just wondering how long it has tanken other clowns to host a GBTA i added mine 2 nights ago and my clowns wont go in it one of them will go near it often but wont go in? i heard that if it doesnt within a week put the nem and clowns in a small tank together?

Ps: There Ocellaris Clownfish

dsaundry
02-07-2011, 09:38 PM
They will or won't go into it in their own sweet time, they may not host in it at all, however that said if they are close they may move into it sooner than never. You can't force them ...:biggrin:

toxic111
02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Mine have been 3 or 4 months now I think, I'd have to check when I bought them. Right now they are guarding one of my open brains.

bkelly
02-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Mine just went in, after 2 years, i got a pair of maroons in there with out any problems and they hosted a LTA quite quickly, seems shortly after that the small perc went for a feather duster then i put my RBTA up to it and they jumped in, they look so happy, my feather duster isnt happy.

Timbits
02-08-2011, 12:18 AM
all my clowns go in almost instantly so lucky lol

e46er
02-08-2011, 01:05 AM
3 months for mine

asylumdown
02-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Mine took 6 months, and the anemone had to go walk about, split in half, settle on the side of the tank the clowns hung out on, and grow large enough again (after the split) for them to pay attention to it. However, once they started, they were stuck to the thing. I even had to remove the clowns for a few days once to try and resolve aggression problems. In that time I re-arranged everything in the tank, all the rock, moved the nem, the whole 9 yards. It took the clowns about 7 seconds to find it and start loving it (and viciously, viciously defending it *sigh*) again.

I've only seen it once so obviously it's not exactly a scientific statement, but it was like a 'switch' was flipped in them, once it was on they would host in the first suitable place they found.

staceyd72
02-09-2011, 12:53 AM
GBTA does the hosting, clowns are the guest ;)

pyke
02-09-2011, 02:13 AM
My clowns have a very nice GBTA in the tank and they choose to host my toadstool.