PDA

View Full Version : Update pics

Jack
12-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Here are some pics of the progress. I'm a bit further along. Lots of late nights. :lol:

www.oceanaquatics.com/jacks_tank.htm

Aquattro
12-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Coming along nicely Jack!

Son Of Skyline
12-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Hey Jack. I noticed that your skimmer is sitting submerged in your sump. I was told sometime ago that my in-sump skimmer (Canreef skimmer) had to be elevated so that the output was above the sump water line. Is this not necessary?

Jack
12-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys. Just mounting the VHO's with some clips I made today out of acrylic. I will get pics of it with the lights on soon enough.

Mason,

The output has to be above water if the sump level around it changes but mine is in a baffled section where the level stays constant and the water back-pressure doesn't fluxuate skimmer water-level hight. Make sense?

christyf5
12-30-2003, 10:55 PM
Lookin good Jack, I can't wait to see it with the lights on :biggrin:

titus
12-31-2003, 05:17 AM
Hi,

It is easier to manipulate the water level inside the skimmer if it is elevated above the sump. Also, if skimmer is in sump, the water level changes in the sump will cause water level changes in the skimmer. Raising the skimmer out of the sump helps to decouple the two from affecting each other.

Titus

EmilyB
12-31-2003, 05:42 AM
Of course, then there is the Euroreef which does not require water level manipulation at all, and will quite efficiently perform whilst your sump level goes up and down... :lol: :cool: :mrgreen:

smokinreefer
12-31-2003, 05:44 AM
lookin good jack.

Son Of Skyline
12-31-2003, 05:55 AM
I see...thanks for the info guys :smile:

Aquattro
12-31-2003, 06:06 AM
Of course, then there is the Euroreef which does not require water level manipulation at all, and will quite efficiently perform whilst your sump level goes up and down... :lol: :cool: :mrgreen:

Em, are you saying you like your skimmer? You're often so vague about that thing :razz:

StirCrazy
12-31-2003, 06:24 AM

Em, are you saying you like your skimmer? You're often so vague about that thing :razz:

I think she is mad because she can't play with it :neutral:

Steve