PDA

View Full Version : fishneedit? anyone used them??

cathyg_99
02-06-2011, 03:47 PM
has anyone used them for lighting before? im interested in their T5 MH combo its like a quarter of what id pay at a fish store... just wondering how well they are with overheating and lasting more than a year...

noirsphynx
02-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I've been using them for about 2 years now. No Complaints with the fixture, it's good for the price. I'm not crazy about the external ballasts but again for the price I live with it. You will probably want to upgrade the bulbs though.

cathyg_99
02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I've been using them for about 2 years now. No Complaints with the fixture, it's good for the price. I'm not crazy about the external ballasts but again for the price I live with it. You will probably want to upgrade the bulbs though.

do you find they get really hot??

noirsphynx
02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
do you find they get really hot??

The ballasts you mean? The T5 ones get warm and the halide gets a little hot but I assume all ballasts will get quite warm? I have no idea for comparison because I've never used any other external ballasts. The only other light I've used is the Tek T5.

reefwars
02-06-2011, 05:58 PM
same here i used the fishneedit for a while and for the price its great i didnt stay with their cheap bulbs either lol. even though the ballast are external i find them to be small and light and mine have mounting holes if you wanted to mount it:):)

no complaints here :)

dsaundry
02-07-2011, 03:54 AM
Like mine on my 34g, changed the 150mh bulb but it works great..no probs so far and I have ordered the new model with the moonlights as well....:biggrin:

Ian
02-07-2011, 04:15 AM
I think Dez uses the bulbs from them and you cant argue with his results