PDA

View Full Version : Pinpoint PH meter jumping around

Jason McK
12-30-2003, 03:21 AM
When I install the probe in the sump the readings are from 0.26 to 1.66. I have now moved it to the display tank and readings are stable. Is the probe sensitive to vibration? Should it be in the display to avoid the vibration of the pumps?

Thanks
J

Jason McK
12-30-2003, 04:22 AM
I removed the grounding probe from the sump and now the PH meter functions normally in the sump.
Sound like stray current, but why not in the main tank?

After turning everything off It appear my VHO ballast it the culprit. Anyone know how I can modify the ground?

Jason

Jack
12-30-2003, 04:56 AM
They are sensitive to electrical interferneces, especially with the powercord. Watch for ballast wires :mrgreen:

Jason McK
12-30-2003, 05:06 AM
Thanks Jack will check it out

J

Jason McK
12-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Funny how things don't work when there wrapped several times around my power cords to the MH and VHO.

Thanks a million Jack. I was just about to get the screw driver and Multi meter out.

:redface: :redface: :drinking:

J

Jack
12-30-2003, 03:38 PM
No worries. Good you fixed it.

sumpfinfishe
12-31-2003, 06:50 AM
If I might add the meters are also sensitive if used in power bars too. When I first got mine I plugged it into a p/bar that also ran my return pump that's on a timmer, for a little while I thought I was going nuts because when I would stand near the tank to feed after turning off the return, the meter would go nuts! That was a true blonde moment for me :mrgreen: