PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater Stores North of Victoria?

Maverick00
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Im familiar with Blue World and Progressive, but what are your guys favorite stores north of Victoria?

Maverick00
02-04-2011, 07:03 PM
i suppose i should specify by north i mean upisland

windcoast reefs
02-04-2011, 09:24 PM
So far I have stuck with progressive and blue worlds.

jon.smolders
02-04-2011, 09:54 PM
In Nanaimo we used to have Age of Aquariums, but they shut down (maybe moving to Errington... ? All I have heard are rumors). There are two other stores that sell marine fish. Aquatec Exotics has six SW tanks (i think), but they seem kinda dirty... it seems all they have are some huge Regal Tangs crammed into 2 or 3 tanks. I probably wouldn't buy from them unless they get some new fish and take the algae covered plastic plants out.

But the one (can't remember the name) in Rutherford Mall looks promising. They just moved next door, and when I was in last they hadn't set up their tanks yet, but it looks like they will have a small marine section. When I was there a few months ago they had some fish that looked healthy, and a (small) handful of mushrooms/zoas, soft corals, snails, live rock, etc. We'll see how their new tanks turn out I guess.

Thats all I know of... oh, there's My Fish Tank in down town Nanaimo too, but I think they are freshwater only. I've been going to Victoria for most of my stuff. I heard there is a decent SW store in Courtenay? Anyone know?

PoonTang
02-04-2011, 10:29 PM
There is one in Cambell River owned by Chaloupa (Sarah) who is a longtime member here. Sorry but I cant remember the name of it, mabey she can help out there? But i would recomend buying from her for sure.

flipzed
02-05-2011, 01:24 AM
courtenay pet center is pretty decent, nice clean tanks,, not much stock in at the moment. but they usually have pretty good selections of fish and corals and live rock...

Maverick00
02-05-2011, 06:39 AM
right on, thanks guys ill have to stop by next time i head up island :cool:

apex82
02-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Island pet zone is good for fresh and salt. The only reason it was dirty is because they are moving this month to a new better location. Great customer service and know what they are talking about. I highly recommend them.

Chaloupa
02-06-2011, 03:30 AM
There is one in Cambell River owned by Chaloupa (Sarah) who is a longtime member here. Sorry but I cant remember the name of it, mabey she can help out there? But i would recomend buying from her for sure.

Thanks Darren! It's called Campbell River Pet Centre...we don't have a huge salt water section....(when compared to the big guys like Blue World and Progressive) but we have decent stuff, at decent prices, and we're slowly expanding it. :biggrin:

windcoast reefs
02-08-2011, 07:45 PM
So I went back and check out petzone. I was actually really surprised. It was clean and everything was healthy. I guess I went in at a bad time! So I can recomend it.