PDA

View Full Version : how to prevent sand clean!!!

Capt_kulafu
02-04-2011, 02:27 PM
hey guys

give an idea how keep my sand clean in reef tank?
i'm doin water change 20% every 2 weeks!!

thanks

Rogue951
02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
What are you talking about????

likwid
02-04-2011, 03:13 PM
hey guys

give an idea how to prevent clean my sand in salt water tank?

thanks

Hmm, that doesn't really sound like english to me, but I'm guessing you're asking how to keep your sand clean?

- Make sure you have some flow on it (not too much or it will just blow it around).
- Get a sand sifting goby / star fish.
- Siphon just above the sand when doing a water change so that it sucks up any unwanted gunk off of it without sucking the sand up with it.

Binare
02-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Get some nassarius snails.. Will help out a ton. Give em a week or so to wake up though.

Capt_kulafu
02-04-2011, 04:02 PM
@ likwid sorry for the grammar!!!

anyways appreciate it thanks for helping!!!

gracias amigos y amigas!!!

actually i have a 3 snails they are dumb and hanging around the rocks!!

likwid
02-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Get some nassarius snails.. Will help out a ton. Give em a week or so to wake up though.

My experiences with these snails are not that great. I've had them several times and all they do is stay buried in one spot until feeding, then they come out and move around for a couple minutes and bury themselves in one spot once again. Not really efficient sand sifting IMO.

jorjef
02-04-2011, 04:11 PM
My experiences with these snails are not that great. I've had them several times and all they do is stay buried in one spot until feeding, then they come out and move around for a couple minutes and bury themselves in one spot once again. Not really efficient sand sifting IMO.

Mine do the same, surface when the Mysis hit the tank rome around vaccuming up the left overs then back into the sand.. so sifting not so much, cleaning up leftovers pretty good.

frd72
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
get some sleeper goby. your sand will be stirred regularly..:lol:

hey guys

give an idea how keep my sand clean in reef tank?

thanks

doch
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Sand sifting star. They're all over the place. sleeper gobies are good too.... But they spread the sand around a lot. It will land on corals and make a bit of a mess. Get a couple stars.

muck
02-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Best sandsifter... Strawberry Conch.