PDA

View Full Version : FS: Bicolor Blennie *SOLD*

GMGQ
02-04-2011, 02:23 PM
** SOLD **

Just got this lil guy from JL last weekend, but he's started pecking at my SPS frags :S

LOADS of personality, goofy looking guy. About 2-3" long.

Someone please give him a good home!

$10's is fair.

Thanks!

dsaundry
02-04-2011, 03:46 PM
I would love this little guy, but my tank isn't quite ready yet.Are you sure he is doing damage to your corals? Its been my experiance that they are just picking minor bits of algae off whatever is in the tank. My Lawnmower blenny in my 34g looks like he is picking at everything but all good, no coral damage at all.

GMGQ
02-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Yup, at first he was a little creeper about it, just bugging my digitata when I wasnt looking (I was wondering why the polyps were all recessed one day). Then the next day I saw him swim over and take a big chomp at it. So I moved the digitata to the sandbed further away.

Next day I see a green acro frag on a plug RTNing on one side, totally white. Once again, I see the little bugger slowly make his way over there, and *CHOMP CHOMP!* right at the white area.

I also caught him taking a few bites at a Christmas Coral, and that's started to recede a bit as well :S

I saw him take a peck at a mille frag, but I guess it was too fuzzy for his liking, and I havent seen him bug it since.

I plan on getting more SPS, so unfortunately he has to go ;(

He's cute, but he's a bit of a menace! >___<

Yeah I had a lawnmower blenny before and he didnt bug my SPS. He was great at chomping at algae on the glass (used to see his bite marks on the glass all the time, looked like a pair of fat lips!). So maybe I'll get one of those instead...

I would love this little guy, but my tank isn't quite ready yet.Are you sure he is doing damage to your corals? Its been my experiance that they are just picking minor bits of algae off whatever is in the tank. My Lawnmower blenny in my 34g looks like he is picking at everything but all good, no coral damage at all.

ottoman
02-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi Gary, I just wonder how will you catch it after seeing your tank full of corals in your blog.

GMGQ
02-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Sigh... that 'was' my tank. Life happened, and I stopped taking care of it for a couple of years. Now i'm getting back into fixing up the tank and getting frags to start over.

The blenny has 2 favourite hiding places on rocks that are on the top. So it shouldnt be too hard to catch him...

Hi Gary, I just wonder how will you catch it after seeing your tank full of corals in your blog.