PDA

View Full Version : Macro ID needed

FishyFishy!
02-04-2011, 01:51 AM
ID on this macro growing next to my zoo's? Bad or good?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/bilmaga/DSCN2021.jpg

daniella3d
02-04-2011, 02:14 AM
It,s the common grape caulerpa racemosa. It has a flat shape now but eventualy will return to its usual round form. I had some that were like yous with the flat top and I thought it was something different but eventualy they returned to their round ball shape.

bad? depends...I never managed to make it grow in my tank while the other caulerpas grow like weeds. Some people say it is very invading and me...I could not make it grow at all.

DCDN
02-04-2011, 06:33 AM
I had a bit of that in my tank and it ended up taking over a few large chunks of rock. I was ripping chunks of it off and not putting a dent into it. Ended up taking a wire brush to it and got everything i could see off. Still find it growing here and there. I get rid of it as soon as I see it.

tang daddy
02-04-2011, 09:08 AM
yah I had some, still do but everytime it tries to set foot I use tweezers and rip it off...If you remove it when you see it its fairly easy but once it strong holds liverock it tends to break off in bits and is hard to grab, slimy!!

Be safe and remove it!

reefwars
02-04-2011, 03:36 PM
took over my tank as well i also used tongs to pull it out in pieces i eventually got rid of it. if it wasnt for it being a zoa tank i wouldnt have minded but it gets tangled in your zoas and eventually grows over and around them........bad?? wouldnt go that far its probably very benficial but a pain none the less if it gets out of control:):)