PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Edmonton need to rent a Sea Hare?

amy
02-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I bought one on the weekend to take care of some hair grass that came in on a few frags I bought. It has done well, and I would like to pass it along for a while to ensure it gets plenty to eat. $10 and you can have it for at least a few weeks.

Amy

Vitaminz
02-03-2011, 03:58 PM
*raises hand* I got lots for him to eat!

Jeff

amy
02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
*raises hand* I got lots for him to eat!

Jeff

Lol...I figured between a few of us we could keep it fat.
I'm actually in Sherwood Park, not Edmonton is that OK?

PM me for address

amy
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
If anyone else wants a turn, just add your name and we'll keep passing it around.

Vitaminz
02-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Lol...I figured between a few of us we could keep it fat.
I'm actually in Sherwood Park, not Edmonton is that OK?

PM me for address

My tank is at my work, which is just outside of Sherwood park. Pm me you details, and I can pickup at lunch time today?

Jeff

Vitaminz
02-03-2011, 04:08 PM
My only worry is about the compatability with my snow flake eel?

Jeff

amy
02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
My only worry is about the compatability with my snow flake eel?

Jeff

I know that it can release toxins if something picks on it. Might be risky.
Do some research, and if you thinks it's safe we can go ahead. I'm battling the flu anyway, so you wouldn't want to come today!

reefwars
02-03-2011, 04:36 PM
your fine jeff i had one in with him for around 4-5 mths:):)

he doesnt see it as food and the sea hare is smart if hes touched he will tense up and freeze:):)

ALang
02-03-2011, 04:42 PM
LOL, Fencer was doing the seahare swap, too, awhile back.
My problem with mine is that, once it is in my tank, I cannot for the life of me, find it!! I tried in the middle of the night, with a flashlight, hoping to see it, but nope. So far, no nitrate ammonia swings, so hopefully no seahare corpse rotting quietly in the back of the tank!
So how do you find yours??
Hope that you feel better, Amy.
BTW, still haven't received email from BRS, will forward it to you ASAP when I get it.

reefwars
02-03-2011, 05:00 PM
LOL, Fencer was doing the seahare swap, too, awhile back.
My problem with mine is that, once it is in my tank, I cannot for the life of me, find it!! I tried in the middle of the night, with a flashlight, hoping to see it, but nope. So far, no nitrate ammonia swings, so hopefully no seahare corpse rotting quietly in the back of the tank!
So how do you find yours??
Hope that you feel better, Amy.
BTW, still haven't received email from BRS, will forward it to you ASAP when I get it.

would imagine it depends on the type mine was out all day and night and when he sleeps he sleeps in a ditch in the sandbed where his back looks like a rock:):)

some are rarely seen while some never leave the glass:):) its def easier in a small tank:)

my sea hare would glide across my hand and arm he was pretty harmless:):)

Flash
02-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Add me to the list...... Lol...I'll only need it for a few days max!

reefwars
02-03-2011, 05:03 PM
its also best to only get one if you have enough food to keep it fed for a few months they dont acclimate all too well and its nice for them to get use to a tank and feed lots before yanking him to another tank:):)

i think they are awesome little creatures its a shame they dont eat nothing else :) just like alot of the coolest creatures wed like to have:):)

Vitaminz
02-03-2011, 05:14 PM
I have lots for him to eat, just installed by BRS reactor last night....so hopefully his food supply won't stick around for long...lol

Hey Denny, you snowflake is doing awesome by the way...he just likes to jump out of the water and hit the light, to let me know it is feeding time...lol

Jeff