PDA

View Full Version : Dear Cindy

asylumdown
02-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I remember the day I first saw you, swimming around in the store. Looking so small in that huge, empty tank I thought: 'what a score!'. You looked so awkward and cute, and we just fell in love. I thought you and my tank, would fit like a glove. I brought you a home and named you Cindy, the Cinnamon Clown. I felt bad keeping you by yourself, so soon after I got you a friend, a new face in the town.

I remember being so thrilled when you finally realized the anemone I bought was for you. I couldn't stop watching, I was stuck there like glue. I thought to myself, 'I have hosted a clownfish!', isn't that really every reefer's secret fetish?

While I stood there proud, and so tall, I barely even noticed you were getting bigger, while your friend stayed stunted, and small...

For a while, I wondered if you and your buddy were going to work out. You started picking on him, relentlessly chasing him about. I thought I was going to have to send him away, I didn't realize that was just clownfish foreplay.

Imagine my delight when what you were doing became apparent! I could barely contain my anticipation, watching you blossom in to a parent.

And that's when the trouble started in ernest. It's my fault really, you were one addition I should never have purchased . If I'd been a responsible reefer, I would have have seen this coming. I'd have researched your temperament and saved some bloodletting. Each day you become even more of a terror, chasing and biting, you're such an aggressor!

Now the peace has been ruined, many fins have been nipped, and last time I cleaned your tank, my fingers were clipped!.

At first I could stand it, you're a mother after all. But after last night, I'm ready to bawl. I'm putting my foot down, I'm saying 'no more', for last night I came home and found the cleaner wrasse on the floor. I know it was you, you've had your sights on him for a while, so you waited until I was gone and attacked him with guile.

Soon dearest Cindy, there will be a tank upgrade, but you won't be coming, not unless you get spayed. You needn't worry, I will find you a home, maybe a nice little nano, one all for your own.

For sure, it was fun while it lasted, but Cindy, I'm tired of my hands getting blasted. I'm breaking up with you, sad but it's true, and you can be certain it's not me, it's you.

And never again will I make an impulse purchase, as now I know that it does such disservice.

cuz
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Lol!!
Classic letter dump!!

hillbillyreefer
02-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Classic!

Let me guess, a maroon?

phi delt reefer
02-01-2011, 08:56 PM
should have broken up with her via text message... :D

lastlight
02-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Lmao. That was fun.

asylumdown
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Classic!

Let me guess, a maroon?

Cinnamon clown, though maroons and cinnamons look pretty much identical to me.

Anyone want a breeding pair?

eli@fijireefrock.com
02-02-2011, 12:34 AM
LOL
I must say priceless letter.
how is she taking it,or wait it wasn't translated into fish language yet, or until she is in another tank.
good luck.

hound96
02-02-2011, 12:51 AM
lol i almost had to shed a tear for poor cindy

fishytime
02-02-2011, 12:59 AM
:lol:well done.....bravo:lol:

H2o2
02-02-2011, 04:51 AM
Laugh clown laugh wait till you have to pay support