PDA

View Full Version : Marine Aquarium Fish Breeders

Doug's fish
01-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Looking to chat to other Marine Fish Breeders on such topics as ;

- Rotifer cultures
- Phytoplankton cultures ( Nannochloropsis oculata )
- Hybrids ( crosses )
- And what are some of as breeders working on ( breeding )

Thank-you

Doug

monocus
02-01-2011, 04:37 AM
just picked up neon gobies today-going to try to breed them-been making phyto and roterfers for years-a little later i am going to try peppermint shrimp .for a year i was breeding berghia and supplying j&l-but after the move i lost all my aptasia.will try to start them again next month maybe

Timbits
02-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Currently breeding false percs waiting for my tomato. gsm, and picassos to spawn should be sooon :biggrin:

Trigger
02-01-2011, 08:37 AM
My percs have been spawning in my tank for a while, and I'd like to try to raise the fry. Is there anywhere in canada to get rotifer cultures, phytoplankton cultures, and algae cultures? All the stuff I've read about comes from the states. Thanks for your help.

Timbits
02-01-2011, 10:07 AM
My percs have been spawning in my tank for a while, and I'd like to try to raise the fry. Is there anywhere in canada to get rotifer cultures, phytoplankton cultures, and algae cultures? All the stuff I've read about comes from the states. Thanks for your help.

I tried looking too couldn't find anything so i got all my stuff from reed mariculture and i'm pretty happy.

howdy20012002
02-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I would recommend reed mariculture as well.
awesome company to work with.
Neal

monocus
02-01-2011, 02:49 PM
i get mine from florida aqua farms

Doug's fish
02-01-2011, 05:42 PM
If your in Edmonton you can purchase these items at Blue World Aquatic , the place to shop. But anywhere else you can get the items and more from an Canadian company . At www.reefcrew.com (http://www.reefcrew.com) who I used for eight years or more until Blue World Aquatic starting bringing it in.

Doug