PDA

View Full Version : Nannoclorpsis

PhytoMan
01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Can anyone set me up with a nannoclorpsis starter culture or a good sample that i can process? There is just nothing around in the local shops. Surely someone is brewing up some good greenwater at home....Thanks

monocus
01-31-2011, 01:34 PM
have nanochloropus,tetraselmus,and waiting on isocrysis because canada post didn't inform me that it arrived-and the buggers sent it back-also doing roterfers.if you need some cultures i can send you 2-but it would be a month before the isocrysis

PhytoMan
01-31-2011, 02:05 PM
Thank you monocus, Ive tried Phytofeat live andDT's. Both are fails everytme lol. Lets me wait a couple days just to see if there is anyone local thats got something going on. I feel bad for the hassel it would cause lol. Cheers!

abcha0s
01-31-2011, 03:56 PM
1st post - Welcome to Canreef :biggrin:

Is that you Ivan? - Please read here (very similar first post):

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60578

If all your looking for is a phyto starter culter - well, good luck to you. There are references in the above linked post that should help you get started. If you would like some advice, then please elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish.

My first reaction to your post is - of course Phytofeast and DTs failed? - A little research and reading could have saved you some time and money. Phytofeast is not a viable starter culter. The makers of DTs claim it should work, but I've never found anyone to support this claim.

My advice, based on personal experience, is that culturing Phyto is another hobby all by itself. You will only be successful through research, trial and error, and dedication. I know some people have had good success, as it sounds like monocus has, but it's not for me.

- Brad

PhytoMan
01-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Yes there are some great articles online that deal with culturing phyto. The actual problem is finding the right starters but thanks for your comments though. Someone in this city has got to have something going on???

Drew