PDA

View Full Version : what is spawning in my pico - video

corpusse
01-30-2011, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADggByATJiQ

I think it might be star polyps.

I have 3 sexy shrimp but I don't think they spawn this much?

That was yesterday the white egg like things are all gone but the water is still cloudy. will be doing a 40-50% water change shortly.

noirsphynx
01-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Are you sure it's not the sexies? I've had them spawn in my 40g before. You'd be surprised at how many a female can release. My 40g looked like your pico does and that was just one female releasing.

corpusse
01-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Are you sure it's not the sexies? I've had them spawn in my 40g before. You'd be surprised at how many a female can release. My 40g looked like your pico does and that was just one female releasing.

Not sure at all, that's why I'm asking. If you hadn't posted I wouldn't have known this. Thanks for the reply.

I'm only sure 1 is female and one 1 male, I'm not sure what the third one is. It's possible 2 females are spawning at the same time.

It's also interesting this is happening just a couple of days after installing an ATO. Maybe the stable salinity is playing a factor.

noirsphynx
01-30-2011, 03:08 PM
I know when my sexies released the tiny spawn twitched around just like the adults.
PS - LOVE the sucess of your pico. I've been following you on NR. I just set up a Fluval Spec and your IQ3 is definitely an inspiration. I'm trying to figure out a lighting upgrade and thanks to your thread I will not be going with the IQ3 fixtures(which I was considering). I'm actually thinking of trying the lights on the Skimz Ibox.

noirsphynx
01-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Also meant to say that from the pics I think you may have two females and a male. The females tend to be larger than the males.

Northernseacorals
01-30-2011, 05:01 PM
What kind of lighting fixture do you employ on your tank mate ?

corpusse
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
What kind of lighting fixture do you employ on your tank mate ?

A par 30 led bulb with 60 degree optics, its 3 blue and 2 white so I believe that makes it 20k.

Here is a proper video of the tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMMJcgaqveU&hd=1

i just took the spawning one really quick 15 minutes before the lights were going off.