PDA

View Full Version : fish died in my live rock

Aquaria
01-28-2011, 11:49 PM
i had a fish (mccosker wrasse) that unfortunately died from ich, rubbing on rocks breathing heavy and spots of ich that had gone away a week ago but he was still rubbing and breathing heavy so 2 dys ago he stopped eating and yesterday he dissapered im pretty sure he went into his hole and died as i could not find him carpet surfing and the hole that is in the canopy is in the back so my cats could not have got him before i noticed the dissaperence now what do i do i cannot get him out of the rock im gong to try again during WC tomorrow but is there any safe on the rock method of flushing it out? im already dealing with GHA so i really dont need a nitrate spike?

BlueTang<3
01-28-2011, 11:57 PM
The cleanup crew should be able to take care it in no time.

Aquaria
01-28-2011, 11:59 PM
i dont have bristleworms in this tank unless i got lucky and got one with the 6lbs of rock i got to seed my old rock and i all i got other then snails is a pom pom crab... so u think its ok to leave him?

BlueTang<3
01-29-2011, 12:01 AM
If you cant visually see him to remove him you will do more harm searching for him If you start to move rock or stir up the sand you are going to run into bigger issues.

Aquaria
01-29-2011, 12:08 AM
haha i found him noticed his tail in between 2 rocks AND pom pom is having dinner so im going to leave him for the day and ill try to pull it out this evening hes at a wierd angle so it may or may not work and i dont want to mess with the rocks either so anyway pom pom is getting dinner so if i cant at least hes going to be well fed for a few days lol
thx for the quick replys bluetang

Rogue951
01-29-2011, 12:18 AM
you'd be surprized what that 6 pound of rock can bring in lol.

Aquaria
01-29-2011, 12:25 AM
yes and no lol iv got feather dusters cloves some kind of paly and a long white worm that iv never seen before not bristle and all this on 6lbs of rock i just have not seen any bristle worms yet thats why i make that assumption