PDA

View Full Version : Caulerpa!

IJC
12-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Just got back from christmas at my parents place, and in just 6 days the caulerpa (both grape and regular varieties) has really gone out of control. I'm going to have to do some major plucking.

Anybody have any good means of control? I"ve got a yellow tang, and he pecks at it a lot, but is no match for the caulerpa.

How bout some possible problems with my water conditions that I can try and change?

On a better note, to my relief, the auto topoff system I hooked up just a few days before leaving worked great - the level in the sump is still exaclty where I want it.

martym
12-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Give it away, I'll take some!! My tang devoured mine within two days, I would prefer the grape. Let me know.

IJC
12-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Marty,

You can have as much as you want - I just ripped a whole bunch out, but if you want, I could put some of it in the sump untill you pick it up.

I don't know if you have any experience with grape caulerpa, but if it will grow in your tank like it does in mine, I certainly wouldn't introduce it on purpose.

Jack
12-27-2003, 11:47 PM
You have to manually remove as much as you can so your tang can keep up.

Had the same problem half a year ago in an old tank. :rolleyes:

martym
12-28-2003, 12:15 AM
It was growing like crazy in my tank until I put my yellow tang in. It helps keep the nitrates down. When would be a good time to come? Where are you?