PDA

View Full Version : Are your fish messy eaters?

Dez
01-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Just wondering if any of you have the same problems. Every time I feed my fish splash and they "spit" water sometimes out of the aquarium. It's frustrating for me cause I have to clean up after them almost every time. They also splash so much that they splash my lights and those I don't clean regularly. I mean, I'm not going to turn the halides off, wait for them to cool, then wipe the water off, then turn them back on every time. Argh, but at least all my fish are fat and happy and I've had them long term. Sorry, just venting, that's all.

BlueTang<3
01-28-2011, 01:40 AM
I would take water splashes over frags. My tangs get a little happy when i feed and take the arms of my one stag.

paddyob
01-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Just wondering if any of you have the same problems. Every time I feed my fish splash and they "spit" water sometimes out of the aquarium. It's frustrating for me cause I have to clean up after them almost every time. They also splash so much that they splash my lights and those I don't clean regularly. I mean, I'm not going to turn the halides off, wait for them to cool, then wipe the water off, then turn them back on every time. Argh, but at least all my fish are fat and happy and I've had them long term. Sorry, just venting, that's all.

Maybe if your fish were not so big Dez you would not have that problem! Ha ha!

Lance
01-28-2011, 03:11 AM
My Lunare Wrasse is the worst. It sometimes splashes as much as a cup of water 3 or 4 feet from the tank. Usually right in my face! If he wasn't so pretty I'd have filleted and deep-fried him long ago.

marie
01-28-2011, 03:34 AM
Pffft, there are days when the front glass on my tank looks like Niagara falls.

I swear Doofus is trying to fill the house with tank water so he has more swimming room :twised:

daniella3d
01-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Mine don't splash or spit but they are messy eaters, especialy my trigger. He goes after everything and if he does not like it, he just spit it out in thousand pieces, polluting the water. Especialy anoying when feeding frozen brine as he does not like them but still goes after them anyway and spit them out all over the place. I still love that fish though...awesome fish.

lastlight
01-28-2011, 04:51 AM
I think when the times comes and I can buy more tangs I'll need to shell out for the lumenmax glass shields! My fish are mostly tiny and don't do anything of the sort thankfully. Had my first fish-broken frag the other day though.

Dez
01-28-2011, 05:44 AM
In one of our old tanks, the dwarf lion fish was so used to us hand feeding that when my wife went to feed him, he got so excited and jumped right out of the tank.

My wife went with her first instinct to get the fish back in the water as fast as possible - so she picked him up with her bare hands and put him back in the tank. Needless to say - she got stung. This was an hour before she had to go shoot pictures for a wedding.

daniella3d
01-28-2011, 01:09 PM
What happen when you get sting by these fish? hospital or it goes away on its own?

In one of our old tanks, the dwarf lion fish was so used to us hand feeding that when my wife went to feed him, he got so excited and jumped right out of the tank.

My wife went with her first instinct to get the fish back in the water as fast as possible - so she picked him up with her bare hands and put him back in the tank. Needless to say - she got stung. This was an hour before she had to go shoot pictures for a wedding.

Aquattro
01-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I'll need to shell out for the lumenmax glass shields!.

I just added glass to mine, one broken bulb later. And frags. All over the place. Stoopid fish....

Dez
01-28-2011, 01:32 PM
What happen when you get sting by these fish? hospital or it goes away on its own?

It apparently hurts A LOT. You're supposed to run really really hot water (as hot as you can physically handle) over the spot where you got stung. Then eventually the pain goes away.