PDA

View Full Version : new m/h configuration for tanks

ree-fready
12-27-2003, 03:52 PM
I drove down by my lfs yesterday and it was closed but next door is a hydroponic shop that had the coolest light set up. I had heard about this about a year and a half ago but forgot about it. There was one bulb in some kind of housing and about 6 or 8 lines coming off of it made out of linelok or something like it. It looked like an octopus. At the end of each line was a reflector. you could move these lines to anywhere you want. They were very bright as well. When I was told about this before, the lines are fibre optic cable. It was Mike that used to work at petland in langley that was working on this. The possibilities are endless for this type of lighting. :cool:

robbyville
12-27-2003, 04:40 PM
Sounds interesting to say the least.

Any idea on how many watts each line would put out, and what intensity? Would this be more along the lines of pc's or MH's?

Rob

ree-fready
12-27-2003, 05:09 PM
It`s a m/h bulb with reflectors at both ends with the light travelling down the fibre optic line. I don`t know if the full k value is making it to the end of the line though. Mike said they were going to be testing for all of that. the watts would be whatever bulb you used up in the mothership