PDA

View Full Version : 720 RO/DI Monster!!!!

BWI
01-27-2011, 08:27 PM
GE Merlin 720 GPD Tankless MONSTER RO!
http://www.bwiplumbing.com/product_images/r/757/Merlin__39962_zoom.jpg
GE Merlin is a breakthrough in reverse osmosis technology, it can handle 720 gallons per day, whereas, other similar size system under $1000 can only do 15 Gallons to 75 gallons per day. At 720 gallons per day, it can out 0.5 gallons per minute to meet all your light commercial and residential use. At 0.5 gallons per minute, it does not need a pressure storage tank. This makes it unique to all the other reverse osmosis system in the market. 2 to 1 waste ratio.. Best on the market for RO units

full spec and included parts list here (http://www.bwiplumbing.com/products/Ge-Merlin-Tankless-Reverse-Osmosis.html)

Just add a DI add-on (http://www.bwiplumbing.com/categories/Add%252dOn-Kits/) and you have a monster RO/DI 720 gpd!

SALE $499 Reg $599

http://www.bwiplumbing.com/product_images/c/951/ge_merlin_tankless_reverse_osmosis_system_1255052_ __25515_zoom__41478_zoom.jpg

Aquattro
01-27-2011, 08:33 PM
After these get to be a bit more mainstream (cheaper), I'm buying one!! :)

BWI
01-27-2011, 08:37 PM
After these get to be a bit more mainstream (cheaper), I'm buying one!! :)

these have been around a long time.... i almost wanna say 5-6 years i have had them for 3 years now

lastlight
01-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Wow I recall seeing a smaller Merlin a few years back. That price is great! I might be in contact with you in the future. What sort of system pressure is needed? Booster pump?

Let's say I run a regular unit now...is there anything I need to change to run one of these?

BWI
01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow I recall seeing a smaller Merlin a few years back. That price is great! I might be in contact with you in the future. What sort of system pressure is needed? Booster pump?

Let's say I run a regular unit now...is there anything I need to change to run one of these?

this is taken right off our site

GE Merlin Tankless Reverse Osmosis System: (http://www.bwiplumbing.com/products/Ge-Merlin-Tankless-Reverse-Osmosis.html)
•The Merlin Reverse Osmosis System is a new patented RO technology from GE that fits nicely under the kitchen sink or for light commercial applications.
•The GE Merlin Reverse Osmosis System is a tankless RO system featuring on-demand, continuous-flow water production. There is no storage tank to fill. The reverse osmosis unit does not run until RO water is needed.
•The GE Merlin Tankless RO unit operates on line pressure (40 psi required). This GE Merlin reverse osmosis unit will provide clean, refreshing, and good tasting water for all drinking, cooking & ice needs.
•The Merlin system includes a complete installation kit, designer air gap chrome long reach lead-free faucet, all interconnecting tubing, RO membrane, filters, fittings, drain connection, and installation instructions.
•The GE Merlin patented high-production, low-energy membrane purifies between 720 to 1100 gallons of water per day depending on your water conditions. That is 50 times the output of typical home reverse osmosis products. The GE Merlin provides commercial water production at the price of a residential system. This high capacity performance creates new opportunities for light duty commercial applications.
•The GE Merlin system is covered by a 3-year limited warranty for residential applications, and a 1-year limited warranty in commercial application.
•Applications for the GE Merlin System: Home Use / Light Commercial, Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Juice bars, Ice Makers, Dentist Office, Aquariums, Grocery Misters
•The GE Merlin high recovery system has consistent TDS rejection and membrane efficiency.
•The GE Merlin RO System is engineered for the fewest number of connection points - less chance of leaks.
•The GE Merlin reverse osmosis system's support leg also serves as a handy sump wrench.
•The GE Merlin system works like a small commercial RO system. It uses two reverse osmosis membrane elements in series to produce the high flow of permeate. The concentrate from reverse osmosis element one is channeled into the inlet at the second RO element.
•The GE Merlin stops the flow of water coming in when the system is not in use. An internal shut-off valve will close when the pressure in the permeate line reaches approximately 44% of the system inlet pressure. This function saves water by turning the unit off when permeate water is not being used. The inlet valve will open, and the GE Merlin will start making permeate water when pressure in the permeate line drops to approximately 11% of the system inlet pressure.
•The GE Merlin has a 25% recovery rate.

lastlight
01-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Do you need to flush these? Bypass the resin for some time? How can you avoid tds creep? Also what are the prices like to replace these large membranes? I'm assuming the last stage is DI...so there are no carbon blocks etc before the membrane with these?

BWI
01-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Do you need to flush these? Bypass the resin for some time? How can you avoid tds creep? Also what are the prices like to replace these large membranes? I'm assuming the last stage is DI...so there are no carbon blocks etc before the membrane with these?

there is a carbon block before the membranes.. yes

replacement set
Carbon Pre-filter $39.99
Carbon Post-filter $35.99
GE RO membrane $125

yes the last stage is the DI stage!