PDA

View Full Version : Splitting GBTA...

amy
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Wish it was in a decent spot for pics...pretty interesting to see it happening. Now that I'm sure it's splitting and not dying on me that is ;)
The clown in not impressed. LOL

reefwars
01-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Wish it was in a decent spot for pics...pretty interesting to see it happening. Now that I'm sure it's splitting and not dying on me that is ;)
The clown in not impressed. LOL

its cool to see eh lol i watched mine as well...funny is everyones in edmonton are splitting....mine split the first night in my tank and i know alot of people who have had them recently split..... could be their all from the same mother and the clones just keep splitting or could be winter with what it does secretly to your tank...who knows but very cool..they tend to walk around for a bit after a split some hide until they feel more comfortable.hold off on a water change or feeding them for a couple days.:)congrats on the new couple lol:)

Lampshade
01-27-2011, 05:54 PM
It's pretty cool to watch, the "original" will usually go back to the old spot, even if it's moved for the split. Watch out for the other one moving though, mine found a powerhead. The kora 4 made GBTA soup in my tank for a day before i came home.

amy
01-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the tips.

Palmer
01-28-2011, 02:11 AM
I thought it was the calgary GBTA's that were splitting. I picked up a really small one from a fellow canreefer and it split within 2 weeks. Although I had a cyano outbreak and it split the day after I used Chemi clean on the tank. So I am wondering if that stressed the nem out..... Now they are both hanging out on the same rock at a good distance from each other.