fishoholic
01-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Home hardware stores usually sell egg crate

Leah
01-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks Laurie! :biggrin: you are an :angel: :hug:

Piscez
01-27-2011, 02:28 PM
I got a white sheet of 2'x4' egg crate (false ceiling light screen) at homedepot and was able to trim with some wire cutters and a metal file it to fit my eurobraced 120gal 4x2x2 perfectly. Haven't lost an orange spot sleeper goby since!! :biggrin:

ALang
01-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Egg crate as tank screen may reduce a substantial amount of light going into your tank, if you have photosynthetic animals, that may be a concern:neutral:
BRS sells rolls of this fine mesh 1/2" and 1/4" plastic screening that you can stretch over screen frames. It doesn't seem to deflect detectable amount of light going through it. Just as soon as I get rid of all my wires coming out from the top of my tank, I'm putting one in, too.FYI:razz:

globaldesigns
01-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Home Depot carries it.

Lampshade
01-27-2011, 05:23 PM
The RONA by my house carries black if you needed, in 2'x2' squares even, not sure if all rona's do or not. Wish i saw that before i bought the 4x2 white from home depot.

kookie_guy
01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Egg crate as tank screen may reduce a substantial amount of light going into your tank, if you have photosynthetic animals, that may be a concern

Not really. It can actually help focus more light into the tank. If you've ever looked closely at light diffuser panels, you'll see that the suqres are not even on both sides. There's actually a top and bottom of the sheet, depending on what you want. There is a slight taper to the holes. If you put the narrower end down, it will help focus the light into the tank.

Lampshade
01-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Not really. It can actually help focus more light into the tank. If you've ever looked closely at light diffuser panels, you'll see that the suqres are not even on both sides. There's actually a top and bottom of the sheet, depending on what you want. There is a slight taper to the holes. If you put the narrower end down, it will help focus the light into the tank.

THat's true, depends on youre bubls though, apperently with T5 it won't change much since you have a large spread of light so most is hitting eggcrate at 90 degrees. Check out this T5 comparison eggcrate vs glass(red/green): http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12157587&postcount=28

Ripwoop
01-27-2011, 11:43 PM
When you go to your Hardware store ask them for Light Defuser. They will more than likely scratch their head and have no idea if you call it "eggcrate"
:)