PDA

View Full Version : igniter for 150W HQI coralife ballast

KevinK
01-26-2011, 01:16 AM
dous anyone have a spare igniter

I went to the local light guy, and thy want $ 48 + tax for them, while thy are around $8 to $12 online in the states.

before i go with the online once, and have to wait 2 weeks, I gust first ask you guys.

so do you have one, ore do you know where to find them in canada for a fair price, pleas let me know

kevin

globaldesigns
01-26-2011, 01:37 AM
If you contact Coralife directly, they will most likely send you a free one, but you will still have to wait as it is shipped from the US.

I had to do that once, when I tried new ballasts that blew up the igniter.

Binare
01-26-2011, 01:50 AM
Try your local electrical wholesaler. Its the cap from a standard cap and coil ballast.

Bryan
01-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Try your local electrical wholesaler. Its the cap from a standard cap and coil ballast.

Not if it's a HQI ballast , they use both a ignitor and a cap.

KevinK
01-26-2011, 02:56 AM
I went to the local electro wholesale (albright ligthing) and thy had the top $ tag on it.

thats wy I ;m open for sugestions

Binare
01-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Not if it's a HQI ballast , they use both a ignitor and a cap.

Actually yes if its a 150w. A 250 and higher is a different ballast so my answer stands. To the OP is it an m81 ballast? Maybe i can get you a better price.

KevinK
01-26-2011, 05:10 AM
Actually yes if its a 150w. A 250 and higher is a different ballast so my answer stands. To the OP is it an m81 ballast? Maybe i can get you a better price.

I have to apologise, as I dont know what you mean with OP and M81

it is this ballast http://www.marineandreef.com/Aqualight_Pro_150_Watt_HQI_Ballast_Coralife_p/res53056.htm

and the pendant / light hood has the ignitor normaly build in, as I only have the ballast, I cant use it (I in fact have 2 of these ballast's, but want to use one to put on my frag tank

globaldesigns
01-26-2011, 03:52 PM
As I stated before give Coralife a call, they will send you a new one for FREE. I had mine within a week or so.

Here is their website:

http://www.oceanicsystems.com/

Don't email them, as they get too many and won't reply back for several weeks. Call them and you can get this settled ASAP.

KevinK
01-26-2011, 06:52 PM
As I stated before give Coralife a call, they will send you a new one for FREE. I had mine within a week or so.

Here is their website:

http://www.oceanicsystems.com/

Don't email them, as they get too many and won't reply back for several weeks. Call them and you can get this settled ASAP.

whell, I have to say, no hassle there, thy are sending me 2 (as I have 2 ballast laying here), no fuss

so service from coralife is +++

globaldesigns
01-26-2011, 08:02 PM
whell, I have to say, no hassle there, thy are sending me 2 (as I have 2 ballast laying here), no fuss

so service from coralife is +++

Good to hear, and free... You can't go wrong.

Hopefully you get them fast, probably 1-2 weeks.