PDA

View Full Version : Powerhead 802

Namscam
12-27-2003, 03:15 AM
just bought a powerhead 802 a week and a half ago and everything seems to work fine except for the fact that every 10-15 minutes or so it creates a burst of bubbles. I thought that it could have been the filter causing it or that it needed to be worked in, but after a week it s still doing that, so now i have taken out the filter and it is still doing that...I ve tried to play around with the flow valve and the reverse flow valve but its still doing it...Is it suppose to be doin that??

Aquattro
12-27-2003, 05:32 AM
Yes, it will do that if you have micro bubbles in your tank.

Namscam
12-27-2003, 07:05 AM
just want to say thanx reef_raf ...your doin a great job on the boards...its like every question I have, you always the first person to answer them...thanx

LostMind
12-27-2003, 09:21 AM
All of mine do that as well. Sucks.

DiscusZ
12-27-2003, 01:14 PM
mine do this as well

Scavenger
01-08-2004, 05:47 PM
I have a theory on your bubble bursts that may work.
I have a recently set up 20 gallon and I was only running one 301 power head in addidtion to a ac 150 in it. It wasn't issuing the most of current or breaking the surface much. I too was getting bubble bursts every 15 seconds or so. Also, my algae blooms were more than most people experience in a new tank.

OK now for my theory. Excessive carbon dioxide is a major factor for algae growth. I figured I wasn't getting a good gas exchange and carbon dioxide was building in my tank. I recently added a second 301 and now have great surface churn and tank current. My algae has decreased signigicantly and I have yet to see a bubble burst from my power heads. I figure that the bubble bursts were accually caused by excessive carbon dioxide. This is however just my theory, but I don't have near as much algae and no bubble bursts at all now.

This may be applicable to your tank too. It might be worth a thought.