PDA

View Full Version : The Clownfish/Anemone Waiting Game

Funky_Fish14
01-25-2011, 05:52 AM
So, my clownfish have not be exposed to an anemone for a long time, in fact since their purchase, 6 years for the cinnamon and... 4 years for the tomato(orange one). I figure it was time to 'rectify' the situtation (I have just never bought an anemone, but have always contemplated it when I set up a new system. Well the new system is on the way so...).

I got a couple of bubble tip anemonies for a good price, and picked up the sebae anemone today. I wasn't particularly aiming for the hottest looking specimens... just the first few I stumbled across. I'll probably look for a really nice one once the new tank is running. Everyone(nems) seems to like this rock (it is where they all ended up...) I even put the sebae completely oposit end of the tank. It also happens to be where the two clowns normally hang out. They wont stop moving so I cant get a good pic [with my cell phone] haha. Sorry.

Anyways... I guess I just came to... express my... anxiety or eagerness for them to 'jump in'. Bubble tips are natural hosts for both tomatoes and cinnamons, so im hoping someone figures it out! :mrgreen:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/Funky_Fish14/FishAnemonies-Nogo.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

untamed
01-26-2011, 12:23 AM
It took my Maroon nearly 1 year before "she" moved into my carpet. At the time, she was not using anything else as a host.