PDA

View Full Version : LF pipefish

fishoholic
01-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi might be a long shoot but I thought I'd try, I am looking for some pipefish. I am mostly looking for a dragonface pipefish and a bluestripe pipefish, I also like the yellow multibanded pipefish. Let me know if anyone has any for sale.

Ripwoop
01-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Pretty sure J & L has a couple of types right now. not sure on the min. purchase price for free shipping.

Rob

TRS
01-24-2011, 04:36 PM
The Reef Shoppe has a pair of Aligator Pipefish in stock.

fishoholic
01-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks but I don't want to risk shipping any out in the cold winter weather plus shipping costs aren't really worth it.

Snappy
01-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Big Al's in Calgary actually had some very nice banded pipefish in, I think they may still have some.

fishoholic
01-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Big Al's in Calgary actually had some very nice banded pipefish in, I think they may still have some.

Thanks but I'm not going to be in Calgary until Feb. 12th so they'll probably be gone by then.

tang daddy
01-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I had one in my reef not too long ago, it died :cry: when I moved it to a smaller set up.

If you're looking for a good pipe fish get a Jans's pipefish, mine grew to about 6in, it hid in the rock work most of the time but once trained would swim out to the tong for mysis! it was in my 120 for over 1 yr...

Your post got me thinking, maybe I should see if I can still get one from my lfs.

Ripwoop
01-25-2011, 12:05 AM
I had one in my reef not too long ago, it died :cry: when I moved it to a smaller set up.

If you're looking for a good pipe fish get a Jans's pipefish, mine grew to about 6in, it hid in the rock work most of the time but once trained would swim out to the tong for mysis! it was in my 120 for over 1 yr...

Your post got me thinking, maybe I should see if I can still get one from my lfs.

lol J & L has some of that type for sure! on the new and noteworthy section of the webpage.....that species caught my eye too :)

fishoholic
01-25-2011, 04:19 AM
Ya Jans's pipefish was the other kind I liked. I have my 80g refugium tank set up right now with cheato and mangrove pods so I think it would be cool to add some pipefish. I had a bluestripe a couple of years ago that only ate pods but he was fat and healthy living in the refugium area with cheato unfortunately he got out the the refugium area and met up with a pump :cry: Now that I have a separate tank for the refugium I would like to add some pipefish. I do have a fu manchu lionfish in there but there is an egg create divider between the area the lionfish is in and were the cheato is, so the pipefish have a place to go where the fu manchu can't. I can also put the fu manchu into the reef tank if I notice him bothering the pipefish.

My favorite are dragon and bluestripe so I am hoping to find those, I would need to find a largish bluestripe though to make sure the lionfish leaves it alone. My lionfish is well fed with krill so I am hoping it wont be an issue.