PDA

View Full Version : Video from inside the Tank

sitandwatch
01-23-2011, 03:54 AM
Here is my first video from inside the tank...

note is sucks due to big green bar at bottom, but it was quickishly done need some better software to process it.

Video in the Tank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO1ZzFGBKPg)

doch
01-23-2011, 05:44 AM
Oh my God... what is that noise??? Vortech maybe? What kind of torture do we put our fish friends through? No wonder my Flame angel is an A$$hole.

Here is my first video from inside the tank...

note is sucks due to big green bar at bottom, but it was quickishly done need some better software to process it.

Video in the Tank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO1ZzFGBKPg)

Raven34
01-23-2011, 05:55 AM
Lol. noise must be a factor. Do you think you could sleep with that going on in your bedroom. Powerheads we all run them but the first time i have heard them under the water...very interesting.

Lampshade
01-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Put your ear against the glass of any reef tank. We sadly torture our fish with powerhead and pump noise. Nice video though, looks cool.

Tetrarch
01-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Haha, sick video, never realized the interior of a tank was so noisy either. Then again, the natural reef with all the wave action and weather systems is probably pretty loud underwater too.

kien
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
wow, that is one noisy powerhead whatever it is! I put my camera in my tank a few months ago and didn't notice it being THAT noisy. Anyway, that's some severe vibrations going on there there.

golf nut
01-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Put your ear against the glass of any reef tank. We sadly torture our fish with powerhead and pump noise. Nice video though, looks cool.

That is a little above the norm though.

KevinK
01-23-2011, 11:22 PM
gust to learn, what pump is it, a maxi jet ok, but is it a tunze ore votech, hmmmmmm

sitandwatch
01-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Hmmmm, I did not listen to it with the sound on.

The camera is 2 inches below an MP40 at about 3/4 power, I think I will check the alignment.

azulikit
03-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Thanks for sharing the video....

Did you ever find out what the noise was? Was there an alignment issue on the Vortech?

Diana
03-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Yes reefs in the wild are very noisy. Some pumps are stupidly loud, though. I'd love to see a full tank shot because from the angle of the video the aquascape looks very natural. I like! :)