PDA

View Full Version : Pump for Euro-reef?

paddyob
01-21-2011, 05:11 PM
If I wanted to upgrade a pump for a Euro-reef RS100... what would be some options?

I understand there are a few compatible with this skimmer.

If you have one of these pumps for sale (Edmonton/Area) also let me know.

Patrick

christyf5
01-21-2011, 07:09 PM
they used to be sold with sedra pumps, i think ocean aquatics carries them

Aquattro
01-21-2011, 08:34 PM
These guys carry a good selection

http://www.saltycritter.com/pumps/sedra-pumps.htm

gobytron
01-21-2011, 09:10 PM
wouldnt any pump with a higher gph be an upgrade as long as the outlet size matched up?

paddyob
01-21-2011, 09:19 PM
wouldnt any pump with a higher gph be an upgrade as long as the outlet size matched up?

I guess the answer to that is yes... but I am wondering if anyone has any specifics I should consider, as I am not familiar.

I am sure most pumps have different needle wheels... so whats a good pump to consider?

globaldesigns
01-21-2011, 11:59 PM
The Sedra 5000 with Needlewheel would be good. Around $150

bignose
01-22-2011, 04:09 AM
I'm no pro with skimmers but you should have a pump properly sized for the skimmer. You wouldn't be able to just toss on any pump with the same size outlet. Water should stay in the chamber for some time so the bubbles can work up the neck. If the flow is too fast the bubbles would just be pumped out or you could overflow the skimmer.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

gobytron
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm no pro with skimmers but you should have a pump properly sized for the skimmer. You wouldn't be able to just toss on any pump with the same size outlet. Water should stay in the chamber for some time so the bubbles can work up the neck. If the flow is too fast the bubbles would just be pumped out or you could overflow the skimmer.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you could add a ball valve to any pump and solve this problem pretty easily...most quality skimmers have that modicum of control already.

imcosmokramer
01-24-2011, 05:38 PM
you can visit this site, they service euro-reef skimmers http://www.reefdynamics.com/Default.asp