PDA

View Full Version : custom made 200g tank for sale needs to go(edmonton)

reefwars
01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
custom made 200 g tank from my sig below for sale.includes 200g custom tank 48lx48wx20h trimless with glass eurobrace ,all sides polished and all edges beveled...tank was buil completely using cnc router so you know its a "real" showtank.

includes 100g sump with built in frag tank and lowflow refuge also has very large skimmer section filter sock holders made by cnc.no sharp edges and all custom made to perfection, also includes very large media reactor section and bubble traps.

come with all plumbing for a dual herbie silent overflow system and includes all gatevalves ball vales and unions for easy assembly.

tank also includeds a custom made light ring made from aluminum for mounting pendants or any other kind of fixture...light ring is in the shape of a octagon...can mount leds halides or t5's to this badboy absolutely no limitations.

this tank was built by one of the best builders we know and no corners were cut this would make a dream display for the right person .tank has a 75g predator side sectioned off and a 135g reef side that wraps around the predator section.....all sections can be removed for one full cube tank.

$1000 firm and it easily was 3 times this if not more i wont be accepting offers or lowballs it is what it is if i cant sell it with in a few days then ill pay for storage untill i figure it out or will just donate to a friend and just to see it used....thanks guys:)

pics and video are in my signature more finished towards the end.i cant deliver but ill help load it after that im out lol its only got to go 20 ft to get on a truck no stairs or hallways just out the front door from my living room.it is extremly heavy as the glass is thick tank weighs around 400-500 lbs empty and easily needs half a dozen guys to carry because of its huge footprint. im giving it a few days to sell then i wont have anymore time so shoot me a pm:):)

sorry i cant hold it past a few days i just dont have the time with me moving :) thanks

reefwars
01-21-2011, 04:32 PM
should mention theres no stand...custom tank deserves a custom stand.

thius tank is for the serious reefer:)

paddyob
01-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Denny, I never did ask... but who did make your tank? It was nicely done.

Shipping too much after all?

Vitaminz
01-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Denny, don't sell yet...I just sent you a text with pricing on a Container with CN.

Jeff

reefwars
01-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Denny, don't sell yet...I just sent you a text with pricing on a Container with CN.

Jeff

hey jeff i just got your text will get right back to ya:)

and pat it was made by jay(reefcanada) and he did an amazing job and i could not have been happier and ive alwasy had something to complain about for any other tank i had lol.

shipping isnt worth it so far if i cut my losses a plane is 300.00 any kind of moving service is gonna be 2000-3000+ ive looked at every possibility and even alot of canreefers gave me great places to look.in the end there is no cheap way to move a 1000lb package lol :) ill be building a tank myself once im home and ive kept enough stuff for a decent nano and some of my nicest rock .ill just ship it down via west jet for $2 lb:) will only be around $100:) plus my pup is going that route anyways:)

muck
01-21-2011, 05:40 PM
what happened to the family member paying for freight.. :razz::razz:

amy
01-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Oh, I'm sorry to see that you can't take this with you :(

Vitaminz
01-21-2011, 05:52 PM
*rattles his piggie bank* Damn it.... This is what having a wife and kids, does to you... makes you broke.. LMAO

reefwars
01-21-2011, 05:54 PM
what happened to the family member paying for freight.. :razz::razz:

well when we put all the pros and cons down and weigh the options its easier for us to take that money and use it for a work vehicle and start up cost for things, even if they pay the fee travel cost are steep if they pay for a container i have to arrange a mving truck anyways to get the stuff home and theres not many places offering the boat ride across without there being a huge jump in price.plus its a 12hr drive from the boat to where im moving.

in the end ill sell ill ship down wnhat i can via canada post and west jet and ill buy new when im home , i will be building some big tanks downthere but nothing fancy like this for a while untill everything is back in place:)

i heard your looking for a tank??

paddyob
01-21-2011, 06:26 PM

ha ha! Too big an undertaking for me!

muck
01-21-2011, 07:30 PM

Not currently. :sad:

Brightwhite
01-21-2011, 10:13 PM
SoooO much want!!! But too many projects on the go...

GLWS Denny, who ever buy this is gettin a serious deal!

MarkoD
01-21-2011, 11:14 PM
id buy this if i can sell my two 75 gallon tanks

reefwars
01-21-2011, 11:59 PM
thanks guys im hoping it goes soon so i can get a move on its pretty much one of the last few things keeping me here, its def a dream buy and a one of a kind deal to a serious and commited reefer somewhere:):)

Edmonton newbie
01-22-2011, 12:59 AM
will that bad boy go down a set of stairs i wonder?????

reefwars
01-22-2011, 01:01 AM
will that bad boy go down a set of stairs i wonder?????

it would go down the width no prob as ots only 20h but as long as you have 48" between your stairs and ceiling then your good??:):)

Edmonton newbie
01-22-2011, 01:05 AM
its turning the corner at the bottom im worried about its 48 x 48 if my memory is right

reefwars
01-22-2011, 01:12 AM
its turning the corner at the bottom im worried about its 48 x 48 if my memory is right

yes it is , its 48x48 x 20h if it fits and your interested let me know:):)

reefwars
01-22-2011, 01:14 AM
hummm i bet this tank would look good as a new display in a certain redcoral store here in the city ;);) hint hint:):)

Edmonton newbie
01-22-2011, 01:43 AM
dam denny i dont think it will fit down there but if you can make it got down id be forced to buy it lol it would never come out again

fencer
01-22-2011, 02:36 AM
Denny put the tank in storage. I am still interested but I'd rather you keep it

RedCoralEdmonton
01-22-2011, 07:01 PM
its ok denny if you need to store it, i have room....bahahaha

Steve

Brightwhite
01-22-2011, 08:23 PM
hummm i bet this tank would look good as a new display in a certain redcoral store here in the city ;);) hint hint:):)

:twised: DO IT.

The Grizz
01-22-2011, 08:27 PM
The wife said NO WAY, since I just picked up a 90 starfire, 116 cubish and have to pick up a 250 gal 8'er in the next couple weeks or this would be coming to Red Deer.

I would even store it for you for free if we were closer Denny.

Someone really needs to take this tank ASAP. Free bump.

fragman101
01-23-2011, 03:45 AM
VERY NICE SET UP. DENNY SPENT OVER $3000.00 ON THIS SET UP (ALL CUSTOM) GOOD FOR REEF OR FISH ONLY. ALOT OF THOUGHT WENT INTO THIS AQUARIUM. FREE BUMP

reefwars
01-23-2011, 03:24 PM
back to the top yer go!!!

bump:) need this gone asap:):)

reefwars
01-24-2011, 01:57 PM
bump...really really really has to gooooo!!:):)

shannon32
01-25-2011, 02:25 AM
i cant belive this tanks has not sold yet i have seen it and would love to have a wife that would let me up grade.lol
hey denny i got a shop you could store it in if you need time to sell it

reefwars
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
bump.......if anyones interested we can work out a payment so you dont need to pay all in one shot:):)

lapdog2020
01-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Hey denny don't sell it a really great tank and I think that you should keep it and enjoy it back home.

lapdog2020
01-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey Den i have a brother-in -law that works for UPS and can send it to you from here to the east coast But I'm not to sure what the cost it but i do know that it will be cheaper then what anyone can find call me i PM'ED my number to ya.

MarkoD
01-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey Den i have a brother-in -law that works for UPS and can send it to you from here to the east coast But I'm not to sure what the cost it but i do know that it will be cheaper then what anyone can find call me i PM'ED my number to ya.

i've sent a car to europe by train/boat and it cost 2 grand. just find a freight shipper and it wont cost that much

RedCoralEdmonton
01-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Free Bump!

Steve

reefwars
01-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Free Bump!

Steve

thanks steve so a guy is coming here saturday to view the tank if he likes it then he will take it hes asked me not to sell it by saturday but if its in new condition he will take it.i believe he wants it for a freshwater set up.ive already warned him he will need suction cups and half a dozen people he says hes got it already as hes got a few tanks this size.....sounds promising:)

sooooo fingers crossed:):) ill be over before i leave as well:):)

ALang
01-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Awww. What a shame to turn that beauty into a FW tank!! Hate to see that happen. Would love it if I could afford it right now. I am sure that everyone feels that way, too.
But whatever. Good luck, Denny. And keep in touch.

RedCoralEdmonton
01-26-2011, 10:42 PM
Well Denny if it falls through, my original offer still stands....good luck!

Steve

reefwars
01-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Well Denny if it falls through, my original offer still stands....good luck!

Steve

thanks steve hopefully it goes he actually just called again because i sent him pics last night and he loved it so we will see saturday:)

if by chance it doesnt sell by the time i leave which im pretty sure is the 11th ill be taking her to a special place where it can be viewed by many;);)

fingers crossed!!!!

and lenny i would have said the same thing about it being a freshwater tank but after seeing the guy who built my tank and his freshwater set up .....def some cool ones out there:):) sorry the skimmer was too big i would have given you back your mula for it if you had of told me lol:):)

ALang
01-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Nah, I would've made it work. Didn't have a sump yet, so could've done an outside the stand sump. No big deal. Fencer wanted it back badly, he had the seller's remorse after he sold it to you.:mrgreen:
It'll work out, just as soon as I get my skimmer from Ken, and can cobble up enough mula to get the drilling and plumbing done. Want it badly, but that dangit wallet just won't co-operate for some reason.

RedCoralEdmonton
01-27-2011, 01:05 AM
Haha that skimmer has come full circle!

Steve

reefwars
01-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Haha that skimmer has come full circle!

Steve

Haha I know why he wanted it back that thing was awesome it was super loud and pulled out some nasty stuff lol ahhh the skimmer circle of life lol :)

RedCoralEdmonton
01-27-2011, 01:50 AM
Is it bad that i suddenly have the song from The Lion King in my head now? haha

Steve

The Grizz
01-27-2011, 01:56 AM
Is it bad of me to think it is a shame that this tank could become FW and hope the new owner utilizes the light ring for his lighting system :twised:

RedCoralEdmonton
01-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Greg my thoughts are the same....i know some have nice FW setups but it just seems like such a waste.... not directing this at Denny whatso ever... i just have the passion for SW!

Steve

The Grizz
01-27-2011, 04:30 AM
Greg my thoughts are the same....i know some have nice FW setups but it just seems like such a waste.... not directing this at Denny whatso ever... i just have the passion for SW!

Steve

Same here Steve, Denny had to do what he need to do, hope it gets sold regardless of salt or fresh. I just shut down my last fresh tank because it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

reefwars
01-27-2011, 04:33 AM

Steve

my thoughts exactly lol i got the itch and fresh wouldnt cut it, ive been browsing the ads down there(cause like i can go tankless for long) and i havent seen a tank over 50g posted anywhere let alone what i wants lol i have enough stuff kept for a small tank.... kept rock lights small skimmer etc just the basics... im not completely dumb lol.... so ill set something up right away but im gonna be looking for something unique and big along the way:):)

let me ask you fellas a question........is stuffing my carry ons with live rock borderline nuts??;)

dont suppose when security hauls my ballast out of the bag their gonna belive me their for lights??;)

RedCoralEdmonton
01-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Haha denny too funny, you should take a video camera with you for the reaction video! Do you need a smaller tank? I have a few that might not be too bad to take with you, obviously not on carry on, but maybe if you are flying westjet with cargo? like a 50 gallon or 60? Prolly still cheaper to pick one up down there used.....

Steve

The Grizz
01-27-2011, 04:40 AM
:lol::lol: oh Denny, I would stuff your carry ons with clothing and put the rock and ballasts in a crate with all the other tank stuff and check it. The way security at the airports are now a day you might run the risk of loosing it all. :lol:

RedCoralEdmonton
01-27-2011, 04:43 AM
ya you could always stuff a 60 gallon tank full of stuff and ship it down....i have packing peanuts!!!! hehe

Steve

reefwars
01-27-2011, 04:45 AM
Haha denny too funny, you should take a video camera with you for the reaction video! Do you need a smaller tank? I have a few that might not be too bad to take with you, obviously not on carry on, but maybe if you are flying westjet with cargo? like a 50 gallon or 60? Prolly still cheaper to pick one up down there used.....

Steve

nah ill grab one down there at the local fish store lol ill tell ya one thing though doesnt seem to be much action in the way of stores cant google anything, kijiji has nada, not a big tank to be found or pics of nothing lol i got a friend spying for me and making calls snapping some pics and im def up for alot of work.not like it is here at all.im gonna try to liven it up a bit as im good at that lol see if i can get a reefmeet happening or a frag swap.

i am looking for another big tank though not sure how im gonna find it but theres one down there somewhere with my name on it even if i have to build it from scratch.....

reefwars
01-27-2011, 04:50 AM
:lol::lol: oh Denny, I would stuff your carry ons with clothing and put the rock and ballasts in a crate with all the other tank stuff and check it. The way security at the airports are now a day you might run the risk of loosing it all. :lol:

hahaha nah it goes down on as cargo ive already looked into it cause wouldnt my face be red lol so my puppy and my box of rock go down overnight and the rest goes either with me or was mailed via canada post.i was lucky to throw some things in my buddys van like tools etc.:):)just couldnt fit a monster tank lol

so i guess your saying they wont let me on with my large bags of kalk either huh???

The Grizz
01-27-2011, 05:28 AM
so i guess your saying they wont let me on with my large bags of kalk either huh???

LMAO! OMG could you just imagine how to explain that one, no officer it is not drugs it is just a big bag of kalk :surprise:Followed by the sound of handcuff and a clink of a steel door double:surprise:

reefwars
01-27-2011, 05:32 AM
LMAO! OMG could you just imagine how to explain that one, no officer it is not drugs it is just a big bag of kalk :surprise:Followed by the sound of handcuff and a clink of a steel door double:surprise:

id probably get away with it untill he pulled out my syringe for lemon juice....yup not gonna be a good flight at all lol:):)

ALang
01-27-2011, 03:09 PM
No, not a good flight, but if you were to do it, like steve was saying, bring a video camera and be sure to share that with us. We sure need some excitement like that around here...

Good luck with the move, Denny. Hope Tank will be OK on the plane without you. It'll be scary for him, poor pup.