PDA

View Full Version : I believe I was sold cleaner wrasse mimics.

EmilyB
12-25-2003, 01:51 AM
Anyway, not being up on my cleaner wrasses and anxious to get some help for my new Achilles, I asked the dude if they were the real cleaners or the mimics. Ah, yes...cleaner wrasse.

My fish has bite marks all over his body.

He is in hyposalinity now and doing well. :evil:

Bob I
12-25-2003, 02:13 AM
Mimics are supposed to have an underslung jaw. Otherwise they look quite a bit like the real one. :frown:

EmilyB
12-25-2003, 02:53 AM
yes, I remember now. The little craphole is swimming around in the 10g at warp speed....hmmm

When I can finally look at that jaw I will know for sure.

Fish is better already tho...he really looked like he had mosquito bites more than ick.
:confused:

Bob I
12-25-2003, 03:24 AM
yes, I remember now. The little craphole is swimming around in the 10g at warp speed....hmmm

In the picture I have it looks a bit like a shark's mouth. :eek:

Nate
12-25-2003, 03:41 AM
Not sure where you bought them, but I have 2 mimics in right now at Big Als', they are called Worm Eels on my sheets, and they come in and start going after things. Have noticed an abundance of them on the sheets lately, and 1 of the 2 I have, will even bite me!

Anywyas, come in and compare mine to yours if you want, remember boxing week specials!

Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear the achilles is doiong better!

Nate

EmilyB
12-25-2003, 03:47 AM
Thanks Nate :biggrin: :cool:

Quinn
01-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Are the mimics supposed to do better in captivity? I suppose you don't want them though, because they wouldn't do any cleaning?

EmilyB
01-05-2004, 09:36 PM
Teevee, it's not that they don't clean, they are mimicing cleaner wrasses so that they can bite your fish and take chunks out of them. :evil:

Mine both died strangely enough. It looked like they had ****ed someone off enough to turn around and take a chomp out of them.